HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: phase 6 leger way
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:32 am 

Hello
I have purchased home on leger way closing on May/2017.The style we have selected is Lancaster and Victorian style. We visited our house last weekend and noticed the exterior of the house is quite different than catalog. the catalog has gray color with design however we saw red brick with NO design. I have called builder and Mattamy and they said there is clause in the agreement that architect can change the color,but here my point is how can Architect can change exterior complete different than what they have advertised. We are very upset . I am still in process to get hold from Architect's response?

I was wonder if anyone here has the same issue?

Thanks
Bhairvi

Post subject: Re: phase 6 leger way
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:37 am 

BHAIRVI wrote:
Hello
I have purchased home on leger way closing on May/2017.The style we have selected is Lancaster and Victorian style. We visited our house last weekend and noticed the exterior of the house is quite different than catalog. the catalog has gray color with design however we saw red brick with NO design. I have called builder and Mattamy and they said there is clause in the agreement that architect can change the color,but here my point is how can Architect can change exterior complete different than what they have advertised. We are very upset . I am still in process to get hold from Architect's response?

Thanks
Bhairvi

Try these threads...
search.php?keywords=brick&terms=all&author=&fid%5B%5D=2&sc=1&sf=all&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

Delayed Closing date April 18, 2017
Moved in date May 18, 2017

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:27 pm 

BHAIRVI wrote:
Hello

Thanks
Bhairvi

You get to pick the "elevation" or style (Victorian, Craftsman, Tudor..etc) but the architect chooses the colour. It's annoying, but this is how its been for years.

Victorian just means your house will have victorian characteristics - all brick, rounded windows, decorative trims etc.. but the colour of the brick, shutters, etc is up to the builder/architect. If you had chosen craftsman you'd get half brick and half siding and other craftsman characteristics, french chateau would a combination of brick, stone and stucco, and those houses would have different colour options than the catalog as well. If you upgrade the elevation, you are paying extra for those architectural details, but get no choice over colour. Each elevation probably has 6 or 7 colour options and the picture im the catalog is just one option.

If you're house isn't done yet and you are curious about what it will look like, you can ask your CSR for the colour scheme and then find different houses in the neighbourhood so you can come to terms with what it looks like. Thats what we did after we found out we were getting a BLUE house. I was upset at first but feel content now.

Firm Closing Date: September 14, 2017

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:01 am 

We were concerned about this issue as well and ended up with french chateur for this reason.
It seems to be the safest elevation since it is the most expensive, no ugly colors will be put on this elevation.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 9:43 pm 

johnt8989 wrote:
We were concerned about this issue as well and ended up with french chateur for this reason.
It seems to be the safest elevation since it is the most expensive, no ugly colors will be put on this elevation.

I have a similar viewpoint. I love the look of most FC homes, but there's actually 1 or 2 colour schemes I don't like. We were disappointed with our assigned colours at first, but we didn't pay anything extra for it so we can't be too mad, and there are worse colour schemes out there than ours IMO. I couldn't justify all that extra money (20Kl) for FC unless there was a guarantee we'd love what we got!

We have "English Manor" (stone and brick) on our townhouse and I love it, if that was an option for our model I would have paid extra for that!

Firm Closing Date: September 14, 2017