HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:23 am 

I thought the all candidates debate was somewhat telling as well. Out of all the major issues being brought up, during the question period Mr. Lambert chose to ask Mr. Penman as to why he was getting parking tickets and what could we do about it. :roll: Don't you feel there are more important matters in this town than where lazy residents choose to leave their cars? Whether you agree or not, I think it was a mistake not to fill out the questionnaire as things like that alone demonstrate how hard someone is willing to work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:29 am 

Hi Kim,

Oh no, I disagree. The Pristine proposal died. It is finito. I remember being at that town hall meeting about it and the incredible support I received from Hawthorne Villagers to kill the proposal. They remember. I know because they tell me when I see them in the community and when I went to discuss my platform with them at their home. Everyone won when it died.

Thanks,
Tony Lambert
Local/Regional Councillor Candidate
wards 1,6,7 and 8
www.yourtownyourway.ca

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:32 am 

Tony Lambert wrote:
Hi Kim,

Oh no, I disagree. The Pristine proposal died. It is finito. I remember being at that town hall meeting about it and the incredible support I received from Hawthorne Villagers to kill the proposal. They remember. I know because they tell me when I see them in the community and when I went to discuss my platform with them at their home. Everyone won when it died.

Yes, Tony, it died. But did you ever tell the people that signed your petition that you didn't submit it? Or did you conveniently forget that fact! If you didn't submit it, you can't claim any credit!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:38 am 

Hi Mike,

[quote]I thought the all candidates debate was somewhat telling as well. Out of all the major issues being brought up, during the question period Mr. Lambert chose to ask Mr. Penman as to why he was getting parking tickets and what could we do about it[end quote]

Hi Mike,

Thanks for bringing this up - the parking issue. The parking issue is a HUGE problem and concern to many people in the new area. When I asked Mr. Brian Penman how he would stop so many people in the new area being ticketed, and that I got 6 tickets in 5 days parking in front of my house, he said "Tony you should learn where to park your car". Wow. And then he said "the problem is those people fill their garage with moving things and then have to park their car on the street resulting in tickets". Unreal. I could not and still cannot beleive it. I was shocked. I will let the voters decide whether they want the status quo or do they want a change for the better on issues such as the parking problem. They will have their say in 3 days. If elected I will tackle the parking problem so voters stop getting tickets. Please visit my website to see my entire platform.

Thanks,
Tony Lambert
Wards 1,6,7 and 8
www.yourtownyourway.ca

Last edited by Tony Lambert on Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:41 am 

Hi Geer,

I am very proud I had a part in mobilizing opposition to the proposal. The Hawthorne Villagers knew where I stood and my record on the issue, I hear it all the time from them and I am proud of them for fighting with me against the Pristine power proposal.

Thanks,
Tony Lambert
wards 1,6,7 and 8
www.yourtownyourway.ca

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:49 am 

Tony

The whole point here is that you DIDN'T follow through. You talk the talk, but don't walk the walk!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:57 am 

Tony Lambert wrote:
Hi Mike,

Thanks for bringing this up - the parking issue. The parking issue is a HUGE problem and concern to many people in the new area. When I asked Mr. Brian Penman how he would stop so many people in the new area being ticketed, and that I got 6 tickets in 5 days parking in front of my house, he said "Tony you should learn where to park your car". Wow. And then he said "the problem is those people fill their garage with moving things and then have to park their car on the street resulting in tickets" Unreal. I could not and still cannot beleive it. I was shocked. I will let the voters decide whether they want the status quo or do they want a change for the better on issues such as the parking problem. They will have their say in 3 days. If elected I will tackle the parking problem so voters stop getting tickets. Please visit my website to see my entire platform.

That is my entire point, I dont' view this as a big problem - actually I don't see it as an issue period. There are much more important things to be spending time on. And what I have witnesses in my area (I live in a new area by the way with single car driveways) is that people getting the majority of tickets have 3 or more cars, a garage full of junk, couches in their garages for lounging rather than storing their car, or are simply too lazy to jockey their vehicles. I've had to leave my car on the road lots of times and have had guests over many times and the town's website is very easy to use to get temporary parking permits. There is a guy on my street who has a huge truck he parks in front of the mailbox EVERY single night, and while I don't call parking enforcement - if people get tickets for something like that 6 times in 5 days, I could really care less... more income for the town that I don't have to pay.

Last edited by mikefc on Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:57 am 

Hi Geer,

No I disagree. Many people in the new area appreciate the fact that I took the time to mobilize opposition to the Pristine proposal. As I said everyone won when it died. I am glad the people in Hawthorne Village and I stood up and fought it together.

Thanks,
Tony Lambert
wards 1,6,7 and 8
www.yourtownyourway.ca

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:02 am 

Posted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:57 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tony Lambert wrote:

Hi Mike,

Thanks for bringing this up - the parking issue. The parking issue is a HUGE problem and concern to many people in the new area. When I asked Mr. Brian Penman how he would stop so many people in the new area being ticketed, and that I got 6 tickets in 5 days parking in front of my house, he said "Tony you should learn where to park your car". Wow. And then he said "the problem is those people fill their garage with moving things and then have to park their car on the street resulting in tickets" Unreal. I could not and still cannot beleive it. I was shocked. I will let the voters decide whether they want the status quo or do they want a change for the better on issues such as the parking problem. They will have their say in 3 days. If elected I will tackle the parking problem so voters stop getting tickets. Please visit my website to see my entire platform.

[quote]That is my entire point, I dont' view this as a big problem - actually I don't see it as an issue period. There are much more important things to be spending time on. And what I have witnesses in my area (I live in a new area by the way with single car driveways) is that people getting the majority of tickets have 3 or more cars, a garage full of junk, couches in their garages for lounging rather than storing their car, or are simply too lazy to jockey their vehicles. I've had to leave my car on the road lots of times and have had guest over many time and the town's website is very easy to use to get temporary parking permits. There is a guy on my street who has a huge truck he parks in front of the mailbox EVERY single night, and while I don't call parking enforcement - if people get tickets for something like that 6 times in 5 days, I could really care less... more income for the town that I don't have to pay. [end quote]

Hi Mike,

Sure that is your opinion. Parking is not a problem. To me it is. We disagree. To many many voters in the wards 1,6,7 and 8 it is a problem. They will have the final say in 3 days. They will either vote to keep the status quo or vote for change on issues such as parking. If elected I will tackle the parking issue because I perceive it to be a problem as well as many voters I have met.

Thanks,
Tony Lambert
wards 1,6,7 and 8
www.yourtownyourway.ca

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:31 am 

Tony Lambert wrote:
Posted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:57 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tony Lambert wrote:

Hi Mike,

Sure that is your opinion. Parking is not a problem. To me it is. We disagree. To many many voters in the wards 1,6,7 and 8 it is a problem. They will have the final say in 3 days. They will either vote to keep the status quo or vote for change on issues such as parking. If elected I will tackle the parking issue because I perceive it to be a problem as well as many voters I have met.

Hey Tony

Let's see what would happen on your street if you were to allow parking permits. I'd bet there would be a lot of unhappy people. I'll swing by and do a quick straw poll to find out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:38 am 

Milton_Geer wrote:
Let's see what would happen on your street if you were to allow parking permits. I'd bet there would be a lot of unhappy people. I'll swing by and do a quick straw poll to find out.

Tony and I definitely disagree on this issue and that is fine. My personal opinion is that it is simply a cheap way to get votes from residents who don't care about real issues. Unfortunately for Tony, I think he will find that these residents who are too lazy to move their cars or clean their garages will also be too lazy to spend half an hour voting. Focusing on more important things like business development and job growth in Milton to lessen the need for 3-4 cars per house and everyone commuting would be a much better solution than having ugly streets lined with vehicles, not to mention the problems it causes for drivers, emergency vehicles etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:42 am 

mikefc wrote:
Milton_Geer wrote:

Tony and I definitely disagree on this issue and that is fine. My personal opinion is that it is simply a cheap way to get votes from residents who don't care about real issues. Unfortunately for Tony, I think he will find that these residents who are too lazy to move their cars or clean their garages will also be too lazy to spend half an hour voting. Focusing on more important things like business development and job growth in Milton to lessen the need for 3-4 cars per house and everyone commuting would be a much better solution than having ugly streets lined with vehicles, not to mention the problems it causes for drivers, emergency vehicles etc.

+1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:03 am 

Hi everyone,

As I mentioned the parking issue is a real problem to me and many voters in wards 1,6,7 and 8. I promise if elected to tackle the parking problem so voters like myself stop getting parking tickets on their street where they live.

Thanks,
Tony Lambert
Wards 1,6,7 and 8
www.yourtownyourway.ca

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:22 am 

Tony Lambert wrote:
Hi everyone,

As I mentioned the parking issue is a real problem to me and many voters in wards 1,6,7 and 8. I promise if elected to tackle the parking problem so voters like myself stop getting parking tickets on their street where they live.

Thanks,
Tony Lambert
Wards 1,6,7 and 8
www.yourtownyourway.ca

Parking may be an issue Tony but it certainly shouldn't be a PRIORITY issue. If you win and allow parking on the streets, you think your residents will be happy come winter when snow plows can't do their jobs and people can't use those same cars to get anywhere? I keep complaining about the lack of forethought with Milton planners. I can't say you're exhibiting the level of thinking I want to see in councillors.

I think Penman was right when he said you should learn where to park your car. If our councillor ignores by-laws because it's incovenient for him and want to change it, without considering what's best for Milton, then we're in trouble for sure. Why would you even bring up that you got 6 tickets in 5 days? I'd be embarrassed to admit that. What's in your garage and driveway that you can't fit your car?

I'm sure that you're a very nice person Tony but I can't say that you seem well equipped for what we will be asking from our councillors. This election has motivated me to be engaged and I will continue to be pressing our council to live up to promised standards. If you're getting slammed this hard now when you're supposed to be looking your best, can't imagine what it will be like when you miss council meetings or start petitions that never make it to council.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:48 am 

Hi Annie,

Everyone is entitle to their opinion. You have yours I have mine. I do not see this as being slammed. I see it as a healthy debate and I enjoy it. I look forward to many more, especially if I win. As I said the voters have a choice between nothing changing on issues such as the gridlock speeding and parking to name a few of my priorties, or they can vote for me who will tackle these problems head on and find solutions to them. The status quo is not acceptable. In 3 days the voters shape Milton - I look forward to it.

Thanks,
Tony Lambert
Wards 1,6,7 and 8
www.yourtownyourway.ca

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next