HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:29 pm 

I don't mind you not agreeing with me on something that isn't a plain and simple fact. Show me the amendment on the Oakville Official Plan and how it's affected the acceleration of any of the regional roads in Oakville to show me I'm wrong. If you make a sweeping statement how to implement a cornerstone of your platform expect to be able to back it up with proof.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:40 pm 

What's the matter Tony? Can't answer the ladie's questions? Is that the kind of councillor you'd be. If it's not your way it wrong way? :?

What, if anything, do you know about planning road construction? It appears that you are either ignorant or just choose to ignor/discount the facts that don't fit into your plan.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:01 pm 

Hi Kim,

You said...

[quote]I don't mind you not agreeing with me on something that isn't a plain and simple fact. Show me the amendment on the Oakville Official Plan and how it's affected the acceleration of any of the regional roads in Oakville to show me I'm wrong. If you make a sweeping statement how to implement a cornerstone of your platform expect to be able to back it up with proof.[end quote]

Hi Milton_Geer,

you said...

[quote]What's the matter Tony? Can't answer the ladie's questions? Is that the kind of councillor you'd be. If it's not your way it wrong way?

What, if anything, do you know about planning road construction? It appears that you are either ignorant or just choose to ignor/discount the facts that don't fit into your plan.[end quote]

Thanks for your comments which I respect. If I am elected Local/Regional Councillor I will bring new ideas to solving our problems. Ideas that we need. The gridlock on Brittania road is one of them. Oakville fixed their problems in this respect and I will try to fix it here. That is my plan.

Thank You,
Tony Lambert
Local/Regional Councillor Candidate
Wards 1,6,7 and 8
www.yourtownyourway.ca

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:12 pm 

Tony

The idea behind running for office is to present your ideas before your elected not afterward! Your lack of understanding of the process just goes to show that you have no idea what your talking about and even less of an idea how to begin to implement it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:44 pm 

Hi,

Thanks for your post. I respect your opinion but do not agree with you. I have a vision and plan for Milton and in particular the newer area which I will pursue if I elected.

Best Regards,
Tony Lambert
Wards 1,6,7 and 8
www.yourtownyourway.ca

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:49 pm 

Tony, you say you're going to follow Oakville's example by ammending our official plan in the same way to achieve what you say you want to. So show me how what you propose worked for Oakville then. The official plan is publicly available. Show me the affected paragraphs in their ammended plan and explain how it worked for them that makes you believe it will work here. Back up your platform with facts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:52 pm 

freemantrailfamily wrote:
Tony, you say you're going to follow Oakville's example by ammending our official plan in the same way to achieve what you say you want to. Show me then how what you propose worked for Oakville then. The official plan is publicly available. Show me the affected paragraphs in their ammended plan and explain how it worked for them that makes you believe it will work here.

I believe you're beating a dead horse here. Mr. Lambert "respects your opinion, which you are entitled to," but, "doesn't agree."

(We are talking about someone who has a website that when read directly, cuts his Regional Boundry in half.)

Edited to remove sigs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:59 pm 

OK, OK. My dad tells me sometimes I don't recognize when it's time to stop arguing a point and have a bad habit of flogging a dead horse. Now I've been told :lol: . Sorry about that folks.
Edit - Decided it's not worth arguing with what Lou&Leane posted. People are smart enough to read for themselves and make their own conclusions.

Last edited by freemantrailfamily on Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:50 pm 

Hi Kim & Lou & Leanne,

Thanks Lou & Leanne for posting that historical record of how Oakville changed their relationship with developers. That is what I want to do in Milton with the assistance of the other councillors and Mayor if I am elected. I deeply appreciate other people seeing what I am trying to do in Milton. We need a change in wards 1,6,7 and 8. I am not saying change for change sake, but rather change to make our lives better. Brittania during rush hour is BRUTAL. Derry road before that was equally BRUTAL (+6 years to fix). If you live in the new area I want you to know that I am the only person running for Regional Councillor in wards 1,6,7 and 8 that wants to end the gridlock with a plan. Let's do it Milton, let's change our town (gridlock now and into the future) for the better. Thank you.

Tony Lambert
Wards 1,6,7 and 8
www.yourtownyourway.ca

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:13 pm 

Ok Tony

So that's how you plan on paying for it. Interesting. That should just raise enough money to rip Britannia up twice. Once to meet your "accelerated" construction schedule and the second time put in all the services for the new Boyne Sub-division.

I don't have a problem with raising development fees, and I don't think any of the other councillors, ward or regional, do either. But wasting tax payers money and development charges on ripping up Britannia twice to bring your idea to fruition is ludicrous.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:18 pm 

Hi,

Thanks for your comments. You are incorrect. My plan is to have a new official plan. Not rip Brittania up twice.

Regards,
Tony Lambert
Wards 1,6,7 and 8
www.yourtownyourway.ca

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:25 pm 

Actually Milton_Geer, as Martin Capper talked abut last night, Halton's development charges are already too high and driving buisiness to bypass Milton and go to Guelph, Kitchner or stay in Mississauga. That was something I know they'd mentioned here before and I'd forgotten about. So raising development charges would be highly detrimental to job growth and you have to be careful how that's approached. Hurting job growth would make gridlock worse because you would be doing nothing to create jobs in town so people don't have to commute. Don't bother even trying to get through with the planning and scheduling of services argument. I went through that last night to no avail.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:50 pm 

Lou&Leannne's post refers to "charges." (Collecting money)
Mr Lambert talks about changes to "plans." (Meaning zip)
Kim keeps asking about how "changes" equals "accelerated" road construction. (Neve answered)
Mr Lambert speaks of Derry in the past tense. (BIG MISTAKE. Derry's NOT fixed yet. Oh wait, I forgot that Mr Lambert cuts his boundry between 4th Line and James Snow. Of course Derry's "finished" for him. That area to the west doesn't count.)
Mr Lambert talks about working for "New Milton." (BRUTAL) Just what we need. More divide between residents.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:34 pm 

Hi JTP,

Thanks for your post but you incorrectly quote me. To me all of Milton matters. I however am running to represent the new area and there is nothing wrong standing up for the people in the new area. In fact it is long overdue. I have done this in the past and will do so in the future.

Thank You,
Tony Lambert
Wards 1,6,7 and 8
www.yourtownyourway.ca

Last edited by Tony Lambert on Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:36 pm 

Bob M wrote:
Hmmmm....for some reason when I read your posts Tony you don't sound like the same person I met the other night at Steve's Candidate event.

Perhaps someone else is posting on your behalf? That might explain the lack of details we seem to get.

I don't think that's a fair accusation Bob M. It's consistent with the lack of details on the subject when I tried to talk to him about it Wednesday. And people often write different than they speak. Let's move on now.