HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:22 am 

Hi Kim,

We do not agree on several issues. That is o.k. because it is essential to our democracy and community.

Regards,
Tony Lambert
Local/Regional Councillor Candidate
Wards 1,6,7 and 8
www.yourtownyourway.ca

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:39 am 

Hi Everyone,

Let me answer what I will propose if I am elected. I am proposing an interim official plan to replace the current one. This interim official plan will reset the obligations of developers on roads and development going forward. Oakville did it due to the leadership of the Mayor and several councillors. I know we can do it here also. This will also reduce our gridlock on roads such as Brittania.

Thank You,
Tony Lambert
Local//Regional Councillor Candidate
Wards 1,6,7 and 8
www.yourtownyourway.ca

Last edited by Tony Lambert on Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:47 am 

That goes right back to my original question about what specific ammendment in the Oakville official plan would speed up the widening process (which started last month for Britannia by the way with commencment of Environmental Assessment) on a Regional Road.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:00 am 

Hi Kim,

To answer your question Milton's. As I said Oakville did it which you know is in Halton. What we need are new ideas such as this one to fix the gridlock problems that have frustrated us in the past, currently and in the future. If I am elected I promise to propose solutions such as this one. Thank you.

Best Regards,
Tony Lambert
Wards 1,6,7 and 8
www.yourtownyourway.ca

Last edited by Tony Lambert on Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:24 am 

Ammending Milton's official plan with whatever won't cover Britannia because it's a Regional road and can't be included in the Town official plan. Actually, the Region and current council has been very smart and forward thinking. By completing long-term planning for Places to Grow they identified a need to eventually widen Britannia to 6 lanes and the Environmental Assessment currently underway will only have to be done once. Good planning, saving of tax dollars, and will accelerate the design and construction down the road. Good on the current councils!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:52 am 

Hi Kim,

Thanks for your post. However I do not agree with you regarding the excellent job the current council have done regarding Brittania road or Derry road before that. In fact many of the thosands of voters who will be frustrated Tuesday morning trying to get to work will agree with me. If I am elected I will not be satisfied with the staus quo because it is not acceptable.

Best Regards,
Tony Lambert
Wards 1,6,7 and 8
www.yourtownyourway.ca

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:09 am 

CountryBoy wrote:
As we both have been in Milton for over 30 years and attended the live debate we were very disappointed with Brian Penman’s answers.
Mr. Penman has been on council for 30 years.

Experience that has abused.

1) In regards to the parking issue it was under his watch that Council approved a smaller garage to be built on new homes forcing residents to park on the street.
2) It was on Mr. Penman’s watch to spend one Million dollars on a glass wall not even manufactured in Canada.
3) It was on Mr. Penman’s watch to turn Conservation Halton into another group of costly civil servants at Tax-payers’ expense.
4) It was on Mr. Penman’s watch to allow The Town of Milton to grow without the proper Infrastructure
5) It was on Mr. Penman’s watch not to allow citizen’s of The Town of Milton to be directors at Conservation Halton.
6) It was on Mr. Penman’s watch that they had replaced a citizen with a Councillor on Milton Hydro.
7) It was on Mr. Penman’s watch to allow out of control growth happen.
8) It was on Mr. Penman’s watch that Council approved the Dufferin Quarry Expansion on The Niagara Escarpment.
9) It was on Mr. Penman’s watch that he accepted Election contributions from Developers and Builders
10) It was on Mr. Penman’s watch to allow the Ontario government not to build a new Hospital before growth.

First off. Even though I don't agree with Mr Lambert on a lot of things, this is his thread. To highjack it like this is a bit rude. We're supposed to be discussing Mr Lambert here. Go start your own thread to discuss Mr Penman.

Second. OK. It was "Mr Penman's watch." Was he in charge of Council? How did he actually vote on each and every one of those issues? Did he strongarm the rest of Council?

Finally. The Hospital is a Provincial jurisdiction. A Town Council doesn't "allow" or not "allow" the Legislature to pass anything.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:50 pm 

Hi Everyone,

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family from me and my family. Eat lots of turkey.

Kindest Regards,
Tony Lambert
Wards 1,6,7 and 8
www.yourtownyourway.ca

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:10 pm 

Britannia still sucks, and so does tony.

No, no. You know who was right all along? The Mongolians. They knew that you just can't wall yourself off from the outside world. Putting walls up never helps anything. Tearing them down brings us together.
-Randy-South Park