HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:28 am 

I'm looking for candidate information. As mentioned elswhere, I have a lawn that I'm willing to "loan out" for the election.

I'm on Scott, south of Derry. If you're a candidate in my area, send me your information. (Platform, issues, policy hopes, etc.)

Let's see who gets some signage up.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:01 pm 

JTP wrote:
I'm looking for candidate information. As mentioned elswhere, I have a lawn that I'm willing to "loan out" for the election.

I'm on Scott, south of Derry. If you're a candidate in my area, send me your information. (Platform, issues, policy hopes, etc.)

Let's see who gets some signage up.

I believe that's Ward 8! If so, Zeeshan Hamid is the candidate running for Ward 8 Councillor.

Here is the link to his introduction, platform, etc.
http://www.hawthornevillager.com/phpbb/ ... hp?t=23876

He's a good choice ... take my word for it :)

Regards,
-Riaz

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:52 am 

Fascinating. This request was posted in two forums on this site.
Four days until the election and I've had responses from exactly ZERO candidates. (Two "fans" have posted or PM'd me, but no candidate has offered me any information.)
No candidate has taken me up on my offer for a lawn sign.
No information has been provided.
No contact at all.

Now, to be a little fair, I didn't expect a response from two of them. One has already got a sign on my lawn and knows he has my support. The other I have battled with on this site, so I didn't think he'd send me anything new to try to change my mind.

Where were the rest?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:25 am 
This boggles my mind too. I didn't know much about the public school trustees I'll be voting for so I emailed them all. Hawley and MacNeil emailed me back within the hour. I'm still waiting to hear from Alam. I guess he doesn't need/want my vote.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:13 am 

Not on Villager! If this is the only place you post and you expect every canididate to find you I think it's a bit unrealistic given the size of the territory that has to be covered for some of these people. I don't necessarily think that is a bad thing. One you should have at least gotten 4 mailers for, plus the debates, interviews, ads, signs and volunteers offering info. That's why they have volunteers. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:38 am 

I know that not everyone is "on villager," but a lot are. Some make regular posts here. That's why I posted here, to offer them the chance to influence my vote/support.

I offered a "captive audience" and no one stepped up.

(I was going to edit my above post, but I'll just put it in here.)

I know I live in Ward 8. (I wanted to see who of my candidates recognized their region.)
As a resident of Ward 8, I certainly wouldn't expect Rick or Jennifer to respond to my post. I would, however expect to hear something from Gerry, Jeff (I believe he's on here somewhere) and other "volunteers" etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:09 am 

Fair 'nuff!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:00 pm 

Which Gerry, Gerry Marsh?

In Gerry's defense, you posted asking for people running in your area, which was identified as ward 8. You didn't mentiond anything about Mayor - perhaps that's why?

Also, mayors are very rarely putting up individual lawn signs, and are going for bigger placement locations.

I bet if you created a new thread targeted to Mayors istead of people running only in your area, perhaps he would see it? not sure,,,, file this one under 'benefit of the doubt'

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:47 am 

Fred D wrote:
... file this one under 'benefit of the doubt'

Nope. The post title says "candidates." Last I checked, people running for mayor are "candidates."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:24 am 

There are 14 candidates running for various positions in ward 8 including Mayor, Local Regional Councillor, Councillor and School Board Trustee.

I saw your post and felt somehow uncomfortable about the way it was worded. Felt like maybe you were trying to "sell" your vote which is why I didn't initially respond.

Most candidates who are on this forum have posted our views, listed our web sites, attended candidate meetings... and have responded to emails. In other words, the info you are looking for is readily available. I wasn't sure when I first saw your post and still aren't as to how to exactly respond to your request and I suspect that perhaps the other candidates active on this forum are asking themselves the same question.

Gerry Marsh
Candidate for Mayor
www.gerrymarsh.ca

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:32 am 

/\ Blame it on Prickly Pete who brought up the mow lawn for votes thing. After that Rick got into the ethics of vote buying and it changed the tone of the thread. Totally understand how you felt Gerry. I thought he was renting out lawn space but I went back and checked the other thread and he did used loan.