HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:12 am 

OK. Everything is in place! Town website has the meeting up as of yesterday, the Champion will be making mention of the meeting in today or Thursday's edition. All the trustees have been notified on both the Catholic and Public Board. Only Jafar Alam (public board candidate) is unable to make it as he'll be away on business. Might be able to including via blackberry texing but nothing conclusive there.

Doors will open to the public at 6:45 PM.
Meeting starts at 7:00 PM, goes until 9:00 PM.
Location: Milton Sports Center Banquet Hall (605 Santa Maria Blvd)

The candidates will have opening remarks, then the floor will open to questions from the audience. Paper will be on hand at the enrtrance so people can write down questions during the opening remarks or through the evening. They can be given to the moderator to ask, or ask themselves. The candidates have also been given the opportunity to bring in leaflets about themselve for distribution to the audience as people come in.

Directions to the Banquet Hall:
Park at the rear lot of the Sports Center. Go in through the rear main entrance. The Banquet Hall is immediately on your right hand side.

Here also in an interesting link that defines the job of Trustee. I found it an interesting read and might be helpful in forming questions.
http://milton.ca/execserv/election2010/ ... ook_EP.pdf

I'm looking forward to meeting many of you there! Pass the word!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:17 am 

Awesome work! Im glad to see that there will be some discussion about this position. Again, far to often the trustee has been overlooked as minor but as weve found out recently, they might be ahead of the curve when it comes to how the town/region delivers its services over the next several years. Donna, the current / acclaimed trustee presented some information to council a couple of weeks ago that town staff is now looking into.

I know theres a lot of all candidate meetings that week, but take some time and go, talk to the candidates for trustee, make a decision if possible and also make sure you come out and VOTE as well.

Website | Email mike@mikecluett.ca | Cell (647) 888-9032 | Facebook Page | | Twitter @Mike_Cluett

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:05 pm 

Forumer, I did read your post on the subject and I really sympathize. I'm covering costs our of my own pocket so hiring someone isn't in my budget. But, if you know any high school students with the appropriate skills who'd like to volunteer their time (Donna Danielli tells me it can count towards their volunteer service hours) I'd be more than happy to include one! I know there's at least one family in our immediate neighbourhood who would benefit if they were interested in attending.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:26 pm 

Thanks! I also PM'd forumer too see about more details. I must admit to knowing very little on the subject.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:11 pm 

Thanks! I will!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:07 am 

What about calling the school for the deaf? Maybe a teacher would be willing to come and help out or they may have someone.
Kim, you could also ask Grant at HVPS. They have had an interpreter in there occasionally for one family. He may know how to book it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:35 pm 

daycaremom wrote:
What about calling the school for the deaf? Maybe a teacher would be willing to come and help out or they may have someone.
Kim, you could also ask Grant at HVPS. They have had an interpreter in there occasionally for one family. He may know how to book it.

Thanks for the info Heather. Sadly I think I'm out of time with the meeting on Monday. I sure learned alot putting this together though so if I ever do it again (aaaaahhhhh) I'll know where to go! Are you able to make it out Monday night?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:31 am 

I know its a sticky and cant be bumped but reminder to those in the Ward 1,6,7,8 area that the meeting for the trustees is tonight at 7pm.

As a concerned parent of a child in Hawthorne Village now (and again in a couple of years) Im concerned about the direction of the school board and the representative that will see it through.

PLEASE take some time and come out. This position is far too overlooked in elections and these people work their hearts out.

THanks.

Website | Email mike@mikecluett.ca | Cell (647) 888-9032 | Facebook Page | | Twitter @Mike_Cluett

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:17 am 

Looking forward to meeting you Steve! I hope we get good attendance tonight! I'm terrified it will be me, my hubby, the trustee candidates, the local ward candidates and the crickets :shock: .Thanks to everyone who's helped me get the word out for this meeting and we'll see you tonight. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:14 am 
Anybody know where I can find more on the candidates for trustee for wards 1,6,7, 8? I know there are three of them and I wasn't able to make it to any debates. I REALLY don't want to vote for one not knowing anything about them and none of them seem to have a website. And I really DON'T want to do eeni, meeni, minee, moe on election day! :)