HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:09 am 

That's town-owned property from what you've described and I think from other threads it is legal. But, if you don't like it, call the candidate and ask them to remove it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:12 am 

I agree Zeeshan. Im actually getting a number of calls from people who said the exact same thing. Sign popped up on their lawn on the town portion and they either dont want the sign or they wont be voting for them anyway. One in particular HAS called the candidate a few times and no calls have been returned.

As Zeeshan said, I put signs on lawns WITH permission from the homeowner. If we dont get the permission, we dont put it up. Some candidates like to do that to give the impression they have more support than is actually there.

My advice as well is to contact the candidate (whether in ward 6 or any other ward) if you dont want their sign on your lawn. It may be "legal" to do so, but its not good politics.

Zeeshan Hamid wrote:
Candidates use volunteers and sometimes mistakes happen. I would just call the candidate and ask them to remove the sign. I myself put a sign on a wrong address a couple of weeks ago (completely unintentional).

Apparently (and sadly) candidates are allowed to put signs on the road allowance (the area between sidewalk and the road). However, I don't see why any candidate would want to do that without explicit permission from the homeowner.

All my signs are placed on homeowners' request, although mistakes can and do happen.

Zeeshan Hamid.

Website | Email mike@mikecluett.ca | Cell (647) 888-9032 | Facebook Page | | Twitter @Mike_Cluett

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:47 pm 
Site Admin

All my signs are also put up at places based on the homeowner's approval. I just can't see the logic of doing anything else.

If you put a sign in front of a house where the homeowner doesn't want it, legal or not, aren't you just going to help ensure that homeowner will more than likely NOT vote for you. It's counter-productive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:37 pm 
Di, just take the damn thing down and throw it out. It's rude of them what they did even if it technically isn't your property. Are you willing to share which candidate did this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:49 pm 

Hi Debra

What is closest intersection to you?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:05 pm 

We can only hope the other candidate is listening. I've had similar calls and seeing how the other candidate isn't taking his down, they are simply putting mine up and will cast their vote for the candidate they chose.

Website | Email mike@mikecluett.ca | Cell (647) 888-9032 | Facebook Page | | Twitter @Mike_Cluett