HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:30 pm 

Sounds like Tony is going full steam ahead with this 'for the people that voted him in'

Can someone that was visited by Tony during his campaign confirm he said 'vote me in if you want photo radar" or was it more of a general, vote me in and I'll do what I can to fix the speeding problem.

I find it hard to believe people voted him in cause he was saying he was putting in photo radar if he gets elected.

Also the star poll is photo radar around schools and construction zones. Not a similar poll to the one here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:31 pm 

Also sounds like his mind is set. Only chance is to contact your councillor and make sure they voice your anti opinion on this when tony brings this up in chambers. It needs to be voted away.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:38 pm 

Rick (Di Lorenzo), you're the councillor for our ward, wanted to ask you if you're you for or against this?

I have a follow up question depending on your answer. thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:46 pm 

I can only think of two reasons why the Councillors have not joined the various threads 1) They don't support the concept or 2) They don't monitor the Villager.

Martin

HVRA member

www.cappercares.ca
www.MartinCapper.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:50 pm 

Martin Capper wrote:
I can only think of two reasons why the Councillors have not joined the various threads 1) They don't support the concept or 2) They don't monitor the Villager.

Martin

If they dont support it, I just hope they stand up and are heard, as opposed to allowing Tony the floor when he brings this up. This is where problems can come from everyone being too chummy in town hall.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:41 pm 

Anthony wrote:
Sometimes it's best to say nothing and speak your mind in council rather than posting your opinion for all the world to see.

That being said, I certainly hope these guys are at least reading the threads and making note of the opinions of the people who post.

You got it one and you know they are!

Martin

HVRA member

www.cappercares.ca
www.MartinCapper.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:05 pm 

Hopefully the live stream from council is working by the time this comes up. I want to see who goes to bat for us.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:23 pm 

Tony, since you apparently put so much credence in Toronto Star reader polls, here's another one for you. http://www.thestar.com/opinion/polls/article/124299 (from July 25, 2010)

If you were to get a parking ticket today, what would you do?
Fight it 29%
Pay it 55%
Ignore it 15%

So does this convince you that Milton's parking is fine as is, and tickets should just be paid and not fought?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:30 am 

What about those of us on this forum that don't have the required 55 posts to vote? I am definitely a no on photo radar!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:42 am 

Tony

I realise you have asked us to wait until Spring for your plan - but you started this thread so I would be grateful for your answer.

In order to fulfill your campaign promise to all of the voters of the Southern Ward you are going to start a petition to advocate for the introduction of photo radar (details to follow in the Spring), my question is if in going door to door throughout the southern wards you realise that the majority of constituents do not sign your petition - what will you do?

Will you pursue presenting the petition even though you know the majority of your constituents do not support it or will you follow your slogan - your town your way and drop the petition?

Martin

HVRA member

www.cappercares.ca
www.MartinCapper.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:46 am 

Hi Lou&Leanne,

Thanks for your post however I am not being pushed by anyone to consider photo radar. I do not have "Liberal friends" pushing me to make this a provincial election issue. I am simply sharing with everyone what I heard thousands of times during the campaign and that is #1. residents are very concerned about speeding #2. There is a huge desire to try photo radar.

As for Martin's comment, this is a democracy. If the majority of people I see this spring going door to door are against photo radar I will report it to the world, and drop it. Having said that I do not believe that will be the case because I have already had this discussion with thousands of voters this year.

Best,
Tony Lambert
Local & Regional Councillor - South

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:46 am 

prickly_pete wrote:
he will NEVER answer our questions here, or anywhere else for that matter so stop asking.

LOL "Hope springs eternal"

Perhaps I need a life!

Martin

HVRA member

www.cappercares.ca
www.MartinCapper.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:00 am 

Tony Lambert wrote:
As for Martin's comment, this is a democracy. If the majority of people I see this spring going door to door are against photo radar I will report it to the world, and drop it.

Thanks Tony I look forward to seeing you in the Spring - let me know when you will be in my area and I will make sure I am home I don't want to miss you this time.

I trust you will stick as faithfully to this commitment as you have to others.

Martin

HVRA member

www.cappercares.ca
www.MartinCapper.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:24 am 
Quote:
Our research is telling us that Mr. Lambert is being pushed by his Liberal friends to make this a 2011 Provincial Election issue.
The Ontario Road Builders’ Association released a commissioned poll that found 67% of Ontarians support the use of “safety cameras” to measure speed near schools, community centres and construction zones on provincial highways and local roads.
A Liberal MPP is proposing to reintroduce photo radar cameras in designated safety zones such as schools and road construction sites in Ontario. MPP David Caplan said his private member’s bill, if passed, would require municipalities to post signs cautioning motorists they’re being electronically monitored, as is done in the case of red light cameras.
Perhaps Councillor Lambert can be a little more creative on issues that effect our children.

Perhaps Hudak will be wise to do what Harris did and squash this talk. If he makes this part of his platform he'll be sure to guarantee himself lots of votes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:32 am 

Tony Lambert wrote:
Having said that I do not believe that will be the case because I have already had this discussion with thousands of voters this year.

Best,
Tony Lambert
Local & Regional Councillor - South

Try going in with a little bit of an open mind. Also keep track. If you're not writing down the yays and nays, your pre-conceived guess of the outcome will seem like the winner. I know this from experience. Not with photo radar, but another poll.

Would you consider having an impartial resident go around with you to make sure the poll is accurate?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next