HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:05 am 

Just wanted to let everyone who is interested in the Town and regional capital and operating budgets for 2013 know, that I will be hosting my annual Budget open houses on Wednesday November 28th from 7 to 9 pm at the Milton Sports Centre Room #4 (far west end of the building on north side) and on Thursday November 29th from 7 to 9 pm at the Nassagaweya Tennis Centre at then south east corner of Guelph Line & Campbellville side road north of the #401.

I will be having copies of the summaries from finance staff at both levels plus the maps of road and facilities project lists proposed by staff before the regional budget meetings the week of December 10th and the Town budget meeting the evening of December 10th.

Come to the open houses to see the staff proposals and make you concerns and ideas known to other councillors who are attending and I before we vote on these proposals. This summer both council's gave budget directions to staff to prepare budget proposals at the region for no increase in taxes (sixth year in a row) and a range of 1% to 5.1% at the Town which the budget committee and council will decide on which capital and operating budget items to approve or remove from those proposals. Last December the budget committee made several dozen recommendations for the budgets many on a 6 to 5 vote. Check http://www.milton.ca and http://www.halton.ca for more details.

Colin Best
Local & regional councillor
Wards 2,3,4,5, North of Derry road.
Chair Milton Budget Committee.