HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:26 pm 

I'm not sure my PM to Rick Di Lorenzo was sent correctly, so I thought I would bring my concern to this forum.

Since school began, my neighbours and I noticed a tremendous increase in traffic along Bronte Road. In our entire development, the Northstar development, (south of Derry Road, on west side of Bronte Road), there is only one road to get out to Bronte- McLaughlin Avenue. It was busy before the summer, but with the construction of Jean Vanier S.S., traffic has increased significantly along Bronte Road in both directions. For the past few mornings, there has been a line up along McLaughlin Avenue of cars waiting for traffic to clear to get onto Bronte Road.

When the other side of McLaughlin Avenue opens, and the hospital expansion takes place, in addition to all the homes built by CospCorp and Mattamy on Farmstead and Bronte Road...this traffic issue is going to explode.

Is there any plan to install streetlights at the intersection of Bronte Road and McLaughlin Avenue, or even Ruhl and Bronte?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:41 am 

Please no more street lights in this town!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:48 am 

+1000 please do not put a street light there. its only going to increase the traffic issue, accidents etc.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:49 am 

I'm resurrecting this thread even though people are against more lights/ intersections. I'm hoping someone from city hall will address this.

I'm growing ever more concerned about the traffic flow at Bronte Rd. South and McLaughlin.

The school buses stop directly at this corner blocking the view of traffic coming south on Bronte Rd. every morning. This is a significant hazard because there are 40+ kids waiting for the bus, blocking the view of traffic, then the school buses come along and make it worse. You cannot see what cars are driving south and you can only pull out so much before you're impeding traffic.

McLaughlin Avenue is the only road leading out of this (Northstar) development. There are also a lot of contractors/ trucks/ Mattamy residents that use this street to exit onto Bronte Rd.

There is a line up of vehicles every day in morning and evening rush hour for a void in traffic along Bronte Rd. South.

In the near future, the new school on the corner of McLaughlin and Farmstead is going to open. There is a new townhome/ semi detached development going in beside the new school on McLaughlin. Plus the new homes being built by Mattamy along Bronte Rd. South. Plus the hospital expansion. Plus the retirement home on the corner of this neighbourhood too.

How the hell is traffic going to be managed within this area? It's already frustrating. I can't imagine with the additional residents/ school traffic/ hospital traffic what is going to happen. :x

Is this even on anyone's radar at city hall? :?: :?:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:36 pm 

czthemmnt wrote:
I'm resurrecting this thread even though people are against more lights/ intersections. I'm hoping someone from city hall will address this.

I'm growing ever more concerned about the traffic flow at Bronte Rd. South and McLaughlin.

The school buses stop directly at this corner blocking the view of traffic coming south on Bronte Rd. every morning. This is a significant hazard because there are 40+ kids waiting for the bus, blocking the view of traffic, then the school buses come along and make it worse. You cannot see what cars are driving south and you can only pull out so much before you're impeding traffic.

McLaughlin Avenue is the only road leading out of this (Northstar) development. There are also a lot of contractors/ trucks/ Mattamy residents that use this street to exit onto Bronte Rd.

There is a line up of vehicles every day in morning and evening rush hour for a void in traffic along Bronte Rd. South.

In the near future, the new school on the corner of McLaughlin and Farmstead is going to open. There is a new townhome/ semi detached development going in beside the new school on McLaughlin. Plus the new homes being built by Mattamy along Bronte Rd. South. Plus the hospital expansion. Plus the retirement home on the corner of this neighbourhood too.

How the hell is traffic going to be managed within this area? It's already frustrating. I can't imagine with the additional residents/ school traffic/ hospital traffic what is going to happen. :x

Is this even on anyone's radar at city hall? :?: :?:

I'm in total agreement with what you've stated. It's a nightmare trying to turn onto Bronte from McLaughlin Ave. every day, especially now that the school has opened and one has not only the non-stop traffic on Bronte to worry about but also to watch out for the hordes of kids running across the street going to and from school. .

A traffic light is badly needed at that corner. Otherwise, I'm afraid it's only a matter of time that there will be a very serious accident happen and possibly even some child getting killed.

And to those people that have stated that they don't want another traffic light in the city, I just have one thing to say to them. Mind your own damn business as obviously you don't live in this area and don't have to put up with the frustration and stress of driving through that intersection, especially at rush hour. So, please keep your comments to yourself, or better still, don't drive on Bronte at all, that way you wont be inconvenienced by stopping at traffic lights, ok?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:06 pm 

Are you referring to Bronte Road (Oakville) or Bronte Street (Milton)?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:34 am 

I think that traffic is an issue pretty much everywhere. There are no roads out of Milton in the morning that aren't significantly backed up--when a town grows as fast as Milton has, infrastructure just can't keep up. It looks like the infrastructure budget is being used on those weird shafts that I think are building a secret city underground---that or watermain/wastewater widening, like the sign says.

In any event, I think one of the issues is that major roads are under the Region's jurisdiction, and therefore it's up to them to allocate funding for their widening/installation of new streetlights etc.

Is that correct? I freely admit I don't know how these things work--but if it IS a matter under Milton's direct control...then I'd get on that, guys. Steeles was widened, except for the bottleneck where it wasn't (west of Trafalgar) and every other road...oi.