HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:13 pm 

Hi Steve,

Thanks for setting this meeting up for our community. I look forward to this meeting, answering questions and meeting the voters. For more information on my platform that I will discuss at the Candidates meeting, please visit my webiste www.yourtownyourway.ca

Kindest Regards,
Tony Lambert
Local/Regional Councillor Candidate
Wards 1,6,7,8.
tel:416-455-8020

Last edited by Tony Lambert on Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:29 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks again Steve for taking the initiative on this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:42 pm 

Hi Steve,

Thanks again for setting up this meeting. What about the candidates who are running as school trustees? Do you plan on inviting them? Personally I would like them to come to this meeting and share their views as to why we should vote for them. The schools issue is a major issue and challenge for the new area. I know because it often comes up with the people I have met door-to-door since February. My preference is that you invite all the school trustee candidates, but you are organizing this so I leave it to you to decide.

Kindest Regards,
Tony Lambert
Wards 1,6,7,8
Cell:416-455-8020

Last edited by Tony Lambert on Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:00 pm 

Tony, I'm waiting on HVPS school council for a potential all-candidates meeting for school trustees. I've offered to organize and co-ordinate it. They have a council meeting next Monday where hopefully they'll be able to give me an answer so I can move on it or look at alternatives. Will an all-new selection for our area, it's definitely an important race. I was thinking another all-candidates meeting, but I think Steve's got that well in hand and doing one focused on school trustees fills a gap.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:13 pm 

Hi Freemantrail family,

Good thinking and thank you for organizing that meeting. Thank you very much for the update.

Kindest Regards,
Tony Lambert
Local/regional Councillor Candidate
Wards 1,6,7,8

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:02 am 

Steve & Kelly wrote:
freemantrailfamily wrote:
Tony, I'm waiting on HVPS school council for a potential all-candidates meeting for school trustees. I've offered to organize and co-ordinate it. They have a council meeting next Monday where hopefully they'll be able to give me an answer so I can move on it or look at alternatives. Will an all-new selection for our area, it's definitely an important race. I was thinking another all-candidates meeting, but I think Steve's got that well in hand and doing one focused on school trustees fills a gap.

We were in contact with each other and that is why I did not invite the school trustees. At this point we are looking at 13 or 14 candidates for these four wards (not including the school trustees) and there would have been no way to fit everybody into the meeting and give each person a fair amount of time. That being said, they are more than welcome to attend the event.

Yep, and it Steve's very good idea to have mine focus on the trustees since he was getting on very well with the council postion meeting organization. Great job Steve :D .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:27 am 

Thanks Steve & Freemantrail family,

Thank you very much for coordinating the school trustee candidate meeting. It is very important to have the school trustees meet the public and share their platform and solutions for the school issue in the new area. You guys seem to have it well under control but if I can help please let me know. Like many parents in Milton the school issue is extremely important to me, and I want to know who I should vote for. Once you have a date and time, I will definitely attend that meeting to decide which school trustee candidate I will be voting for.

Kindest Regards,
Tony Lambert
Wards 1,6,7,8

Last edited by Tony Lambert on Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:59 am 

Looked it up and this is a great start to getting the word out there!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:51 am 

From my experience arranging public forums as Chair of the Milton Community Policing Committee, the most effective way in Milton to promote any event is for it to be mentioned in the Champion prior to the event. Those people who read the Champion and who intend to vote in the new area will want to know about the Council and school trustee candidate meetings. They just need enough notice to consider fitting it into their busy schedules.

All The Best,
Tony Lambert
Wards 1,6,7,8
cell:416-455-8020

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:01 am 

Steve at some stage can you update us, please, on the names of those candidates who have indicated their attendance? Making it public could also prod those who haven't into doing so and make for a better meeting :)

HVRA member

www.cappercares.ca
www.MartinCapper.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:08 pm 
Site Admin

Kim I'm actually the community rep on HVPS school council so I was there for the meeting last night.

It wasn't brought up or listed on the agenda. Who at HVPS school council did you speak to?

Still hoping school trustee candidates get either included at Steve's all candidates meeting or if not there some school orientated all trustee candidate's meeting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:59 pm 

I know it might add to the evening schedule wise but really were talking about two extra candidates for what is normally an overlooked position.

If the turnout is as good as I hope it will be, it would be ok, (and we can survey the other candidates) that we add the two candidates for school board trustee for the wards.

Website | Email mike@mikecluett.ca | Cell (647) 888-9032 | Facebook Page | | Twitter @Mike_Cluett

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:12 pm 
Site Admin

Mike_Cluett wrote:
I know it might add to the evening schedule wise but really were talking about two extra candidates for what is normally an overlooked position.

If the turnout is as good as I hope it will be, it would be ok, (and we can survey the other candidates) that we add the two candidates for school board trustee for the wards.
You mean 3 not 2. There are 3 candidates for public school trustee (south milton) unless your talking catholic board which is 2. But either way yes I agree.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:39 pm 

Rick Di Lorenzo wrote:
Kim I'm actually the community rep on HVPS school council so I was there for the meeting last night.

It wasn't brought up or listed on the agenda. Who at HVPS school council did you speak to?

Still hoping school trustee candidates get either included at Steve's all candidates meeting or if not there some school orientated all trustee candidate's meeting.

Uggh. I spoke to Carmen Nash who talked to the Principal and Pat Huckins. I asked Angelika Hennin on 3 seperate occasions, expressing my desire to co-ordinate it, and asked if she wanted me to come to the meeting on Monday. Nothing. Time to move on. Anyone have contacts with the Rotary Club or other organization in town that might be willing to sponser? PM me! Thanks Rick.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:50 am 

Hi Freemantrail family,

As a suggestion, why not look at holding the trustee candidate meeting at the Seniors Centre? There are already 2 candidate meetings taking place there so they seem like a good location to approach. If you want me to I will get the contact person for you, just let me know.

Kindest Regards,
Tony Lambert
Wards 1,6,7 and 8
www.yourtownyourway.ca
Cell:416 455 8020