HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Milton Soccer for kids
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:27 am 

When i was looking for info i couldn't find much of anything on MiltonSoccerCanada.com.
they are run on Thompson south of Derry.
I have my 6 year boy in it now. The format is 30 min lessons, practice. Nothing super competitive. all about learning and having fun.
follow that by 30 minute game. again. Fun and learning is the key. they get to play, have fun, learn the game and have fun doing so.
The attitude from some of the other leagues i've seen around town is far to serious for my likely. I wanted to get my kid into it and have some fun, decide if he likes it and how serious he wants to take it.
All the coaches i have met at MiltonSoccerCanada are nice, and great with the kids.
8-10 kids per team
8 teams in our age group.
uniform provided, ball provided.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:03 pm 

This is my son's 2nd and last year with Milton Soccer Canada... I'll be going to Milton Soccer Academy next year. I won't take away that some of the coaches are great but there is definitely a preferred team selection and to me it's just not right when you have one team stacked and others are struggling. Just because some are the coaches friends! My son was placed on the "elite" team last year by fluke but this year didn't make the cut LOL... To me it's fine and as long as my son has fun, I'm ok with it but it's too bad when people want to set up a great organization such as soccer Canada but turn it into a preferred members club with benefits... Especially when it comes to kids, there is no way that I'd risk making other kids feel left out! When you son asks you why your not on the same team as last year when he sees the same kids playing together, it says a lot about what the organization stands for. He quickly got over it and plays with all his heart every time so I'll finish out the season but won't be back.
Cheers