HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:13 am 

Thanks Rick D, I look forward to working with you over the next four years not only on transit but on all issues facing our community. We will not always agree that is certain, if we did there would be no need to have 11 members of council. BTW I tried the kinder, gentler route that people suggested I try and didn't like it, see you Monday night.

Rick M

Post subject: mobile speeding cameras
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:08 pm 

Hi RichardAndLiz,

<quote>What did you guys decide on mobile speed cameras?<end quote>

This topic was not discussed as my plan is this:
First I am going this Spring to Miltonians with a petition to show they support a test pilot of mobile speeding cameras. Next I will obtain whatever conditional approvals are required from the Province and Region. Last I will work the issue up from Standing Committee to general Milton council.

Thanks for your question.

Regards,
Tony Lambert
Local & Regional Councillor
Milton & Halton Region
www.yourtownyourway.ca

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:20 pm 
Will this petition get around to all of Milton or just your riding Tony?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:38 pm 

Zeeshan

Glad to hear your not offended by my comments. BTW being a baby boomer I find this blogging thing pretty interesting but I am going to need some help from you, Rick and Mike to fully understand how it works. And yes I will see you tonight.

Rick M

Post subject: mobile speeding cameras
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:08 pm 

<quote>Will this petition get around to all of Milton or just your riding Tony?<end quote>

Hi CSB101,

Everybody in wards 1,6,7 and 8 will get a chance this year to support the test pilot proposal via signing the petition.

Best,
Tony Lambert
Local & Regional Councillor
Milton & Halton Region

Last edited by Tony Lambert on Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:05 pm 
Love how you worded that Tony. You know the political vocab well :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:15 am 

hawthorner Wrote Bull crap. There were 158,639 rides in 2010 provided at a cost of $1.5 million resulting in a subsidy of $9.45 / ride. Not great and I dont like transit anyway, but at least get your numbers straight.

Your numbers include transfers which do not generate revenues. Total expenditures for transit in 2010 were $2,344,324.00 as per budgat documents. Revenues were $277.181.00 in fares collected, $ 83,111.00 in advertising and donations and $316,058.00 from other levels of governments ( taxes ) .

Rick M

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:10 pm 

Tony Lambert wrote:
<quote>Will this petition get around to all of Milton or just your riding Tony?<end quote>

Hi CSB101,

Everybody in Milton will get a chance this year to support the test pilot proposal via signing the petition.

So, if you do get support for this(Which I highly doubt!) where will the money come from to pay for it? As we've seen from these discussions, there's no allocation in the budget for it. Do you even know what it will cost!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:03 am 

Hi kkk

This is as good a place as any to ask a town related question. The Milton Education Village is a proposal by the town to locate a university campus on 150 acres of Town land on the west side of Tremaine road about 1.5 km. south of Derry (check out the sign at the front of the property) opposite the west end of Louis St. Laurent Blvd. which should be completed to Tremaine road later in 2012.

The Town has a agreement with Laurier Unversity and other partners to develop a 450 acre village once approval has been given by the Province to fund the campus.

Senior Town staff and university officials have been meeting with Ministry of Infrastructure and Collages & Universities staff regarding the detailed proposal (see attached link) and are hopeful for an announcement soon as the Milton Education Village is the only new campus proposal in the GTA.

http://www.milton.ca/townhall/projects/ ... illage.htm

Hope this answers your question. If you have any other concerns or questions please pm or email me at colin.best@milton.ca

Colin Best
Local & regional councillor
Chair Milton Administration & Planning Committee
Vice-Chair halton Planning & Public Works Committee.
905-878-3623

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:43 pm 

Hi kkk

No one is sure on how long the application process will be. The volunteers, councillors and staff on the Milton Economic Development Advisory Committee (MEDAC for short) have been working on attracting a college and university to Milton since 1999. Town staff are hoping for approvals in 2012 and construction starting in 2013 for a small first phase.

Again, it all depends on the results of the provincial election and economic conditions as the Milton site is the only greenfield application in the GTA in many decades. You might want to ask the Halton riding provincial candidates on what they and their parties will do to improve education in Milton and Halton

Check www.milton.ca for updates on this and other local news and events in the community.

Colin Best
Local & regional councillor
Chair Milton Administration and Planning Committee
Former Chair of MEDAC