HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:02 pm 

This house is now sold, thanks for looking! Sorry for the slow holiday updates - the sale went firm just before Christmas.
---

$439,900
http://www.1420mcdermott.com

This 3 Bedroom Mattamy “Brannan” model townhouse is located on a GREAT street in the highly sought after “Beaty” area of Milton, just steps to parks, two of Milton’s finest schools (Public AND Catholic), splash pads, library, shopping and more. This home is not only FREEHOLD but offers a FULLY FINISHED BASEMENT featuring a WET BAR and EXTRA WASHROOM. There’s also NO SIDEWALK and parking for 3! Perfect for a young couple, single professional, empty nesters, or those just starting a family!

MAIN FLOOR: This bright and open concept home offers a large combo Living/Dining room that can be used to fit your family’s needs! You can comfortably entertain large groups, define two separate spaces for the grown-ups and the kids, or keep the separate living and dining areas if you prefer! The Eat-in Kitchen features plenty of cabinets, glass backsplash, HUGE pantry and backyard access – lots of natural light floods this space! There is also convenient access to the garage – no need to drag groceries throughout the house! Not a fan of carpet? No problem, our sellers are offering a $1000 credit to the flooring store of your choice to put toward ANY flooring type! Enjoy a little shopping spree!

2ND FLOOR: Features a Master bedroom with a walk-in closet (with its own window!) and semi-ensuite bath access. The additional 2 large sized bedrooms can to be used any way your family desires (Kid’s rooms, Home Office, Guest room, Nursery, or Home Gym!).

BASEMENT: FULLY FINISHED BASEMENT with large Rec room, WET BAR and EXTRA WASHROOM – what a bonus! Use this space for a Games room, Exercise room, Media room, Man Cave or whatever your family prefers! This is the perfect space to watch family movies or simply retreat to a quiet space at the end of the day – Potlights and laminate floors complete this space.

OUTSIDE: A large porch greets you as you approach the home – Perfect for morning coffees OR for family game night. The fully fenced backyard features a 2-tiered deck making this a great entertaining space – you DON’T get this in 3-storey towns that are almost the same price! Remember NO SIDEWALK means parking for 3!

1420 McDermott – Welcome Home!

http://www.1420mcdermott.com

search for Milton's Favourite Realtor!

REVEL REALTY -- MILTON'S FAVOURITE REAL ESTATE BROKERAGE, as voted by YOU!!!

Last edited by Fred D on Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:30 pm 

Wow $440K doesn't buy you much in Milton anymore does it! Crazy.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:36 pm 

Agreed, but we've also been saying that for years now, just with a slowly rising number. A few years ago is was "Wow 400k doesn't buy you much anymore!".. and a few years before that, it was "350k doesn't buy you much anymore". That discussion is over in the "deline" thread and no shortage or varying opinions over there :)
First time buyers will have to deal with quite high mortgage balances if jumping into the market now. Those in the market already aren't feeling it much unless they are upgrading house size substantially.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:48 pm 

I like you Fred but I'd never listen to a realtor tell me 'it's all good brother!!'. LOL. I feel for single people and young families just getting into the market nowadays.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:49 am 

Thanks man, but I never said "It's all good brother". I think we totally agree. I encourage people that ask me for help to try to stay away from the number that the banks tell you that you can afford. That old scotiabank commercial drove me nuts... "You're richer than you think"... um, no I'm not, you just want to smother me in debt, Mr bank! Of course, I was wrong 7-8 years ago, because if I maxed myself out back then and bought like 5 spirit homes I would be retired by now lol.
There is a conservative way to buy, and a risky way to buy... but the end result is always an unknown so we can't judge. I'd hope that a first time home buyer should think twice before taking on a 500k mortgage just because the bank says they can, and be knowledgeable and comfortable with the risks -- but maybe they'll be laughing in 10 yrs at the people that made a more conservative decision. I'm a big proponent of living well within your means, but the upside is indeed less than a high risk choice.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:21 am 

Well said Fred! Hey, there's a good slogan!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:27 am 

wellsaidfred.com #wellsaidfred

LOL

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:58 am 

Not to be confused with 'Right Said Fred'....I'm too sexy for my....HA!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:43 pm 

Sold Conditionally -- Stay tuned for updates!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:04 am 

This house is now sold, thanks for looking! Sorry for the slow holiday updates - the sale went firm just before Christmas.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:38 pm 

Yay, sold! 8)