HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:11 pm 

Do you have a picture of what it looks like?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:47 pm 

See pics below. Those extra few cn would make a world of difference lol. The pic you posted is what I hoped it would look like.

Closing August 2014

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:44 pm 

SnS86....we have the same fridge gable- cabinet depth. We're bringing this up at our PDI but won't be holding our breath. I'll let you know what they say. This is complete crap!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:39 am 

Ouch... yea I see what you mean now... I think we're going to get into an argument with the kitchen people as well because of something similar... it would be good to be able to compare notes. This doesn't seem like an honest mistake anymore if it keeps happening over and over...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:39 pm 

SnS86- we had our PDI yesterday. The rep told us that all the gables are cabinet depth. She told us that she never saw a counter depth one in her years at Mattamy. I think we're all out of luck.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:15 am 

Such bull sh*t they are spitting to save a few bucks. Maybe Mattamy should come out with Cabinet Depth Fridges.

Closing August 2014

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:00 am 

sns86,

we have to deal with the root problem which is the design part. The original drawings/design should have indicated the cabinet depth. If they have drawings for counter depth, then they would have done it. It is only a small part, I am sure it would have been done to the original specs. As the design specs did not have that and it was not completed to your liking.

Now asking to change that is too much for them as they have rip all that stuff and put a new one. The question is who is going to absorb the cost. It is not required from the builder and that is why you have not got your wish.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:14 am 

Yea I understand the specs were not clear, and I made assumptions. Just this was the first instance O have seen with Cabinet depth. I wonder if anyone who got the top end package with built in stoves also has cabinet depth cause that would end God awful.

Still going to try, better than rolling over for dead.

Closing August 2014

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:11 pm 

In my opinion the warranty office is very good, you just have to pester them few times for them to finally say "Yes" because they are not obligated to do this one!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:09 pm 

Any news on Fridge Gable issue. We have mentioned in our 30 day warranty and had a talk on this with Mattamy. They are saying this is per standard and this is how in every home.

Sns 86, Any success on your side.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:27 pm 

None yet, I have an assistant manager coming in May for another issue so I hope to speak in detail then. As Carl mentioned since depth was not specified in the drawing it may be a difficult case but I will keep referring to the drawing which is signed off on. And also ask for details on the highest kitchen package if that is only cabinet depth as I assume anyone with that package would also be disappointed.

Closing August 2014

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 4:01 pm 

Met with the assistant manager yesterday, he said he will get someone from Frendel to look at it. I called the design centre and they mentioned 24" depth which is not 23.75" depth. But from my conversation with the Assistant Manager he said since the architecture drawings don't have dimensions there is nothing to confirm the proper depth.

Still bullshit but I will wait to see what happens.

Closing August 2014

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 3:37 am 

I had experience with the Assistant Manager and he seems to be good. You have to wait for Frendel to make a decision, but do not give up with Frendel. With newer homes built at Phase 17, I have seen they have been taking reducing their costs by installing cheaper kitchen counters.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 7:41 pm 

SnS86 wrote:
Yea I understand the specs were not clear, and I made assumptions. Just this was the first instance O have seen with Cabinet depth. I wonder if anyone who got the top end package with built in stoves also has cabinet depth cause that would end God awful.

Still going to try, better than rolling over for dead.

We did and it's the same measurements as yours but somehow doesn't look like that... I'm thinking maybe it's the laminate countertops and if you switch those out, it would look different? We have granite with beveled edges and it seems like it doesn't stick out as much.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:11 am 

All gables/panels are flush with the cabinet depth, never a counter or appliance depth. This is industry standard.
It will look awful to have a 5/8" panel come out beyond the cabinet depth.
If you are working with a custom kitchen company & you design / customize deep thick posts to frame in your fridge that is a different story but
these are just deeper gables that should actually be flush with the base cabinet not your counters.