HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:23 pm 

Hi all,

I had Colette and she was fabulous. I really liked her and would highly recommend her.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:24 am 

Agapi was fantastic for us... and I was by no means an easy client for her!

Marc

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:39 am 

We had Colette as our consultant. Of all the interactions we've had with various Mattamy reps throughout this process (sales, DC, construction), Colette has provided great, if not the best, service and a wonderful experience at the DC for us newbies to the process. Her method to selection was great. She responded fast to the numerous inquiries we had. She recommended a carpet colour that suited our needs better than the original colour we chose.

If you also had the fortunate chance of meeting Victoria, you'll agree that she's also very pleasant to work with even if the idea of reselecting items might be a pain.

That said, there were two downsides to our design centre experience. For one, it was not in the interactions we've had with the consultants but in the fact that not everything you can possibly select is available in the pricing that they give you. We found out after the fact that some items were available to add/upgrade and if we had known about them, we would've purchased them.

The other downside was a few weekend helpers that were either snooty to us or gave us the wrong information. Your best bet is to ask your consultant about items or questions you might have as they would know best about your home and what's available. Most of the helpers were wonderful.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:59 pm 

We also had Agapi and my wife is difficult to please, she had many great ideas and suggestions. Good luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:50 pm 

We had Tiffany Brand and she is the best....She helped me over the emails, over the phone and over the week end...highly recomended...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:35 pm 

We had Elenora Roberts. She was very nice but I was a little disappointed because she hadn't suggested any possible upgrade or changes like our previous DC consultant had. After we had finished selecting everything and went home I knew there were things I had forgotten to mention. There are some things that you may not know about or think of doing unless someone else brings it to the table. I'm sure we got all the majors out of the way but I'm sure when we take possession of the house we will probably notice what else we could have done.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:06 pm 

We have Tiffany Brand and she was absolutely fabulous! We wouldn't have had it any other way. She was so good to answer our questions via email, phone anything. She was a huge help when making our selections, she had great suggestions and also served to make us feel confident with our choices.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:16 pm 

Has anyone had Heidi Adams as a design consultant? I would like to know what kind of experience you had wit her (positive / negative).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:29 pm 

We went with Agapi. It was not so easy.
She told us No for one particular thing. We went at our own to see how it was actually done and it was exactly as we wanted.
But even then she went for arguing with us before we have Yes from her.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:40 pm 

We had Sharon Spears and she was absolutely fantastic!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:50 am 

Hey, has anyone been able to remove some upgrades after the 10 days deadline? I did our 2 appointment 1 month ago and now we want to remove 2 updates. I am wondering has anyone been able to do that? Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:26 pm 

Wow, Tiffany is still there? She was awesome...we used her 8 years ago and was professional and provided us with recomendations that we never even considered, coached us to spend the money in the right places instead of the wrong ones.....we originally had Deborah, but we were not a good match....first appointment she came out and said that she didnt normally do 36' models.....great way to start off.....in the end we changed to Tiffany and a positive experience...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:53 pm 

badboy09 wrote:
Hey, has anyone been able to remove some upgrades after the 10 days deadline? I did our 2 appointment 1 month ago and now we want to remove 2 updates. I am wondering has anyone been able to do that? Thanks.

I think it depends what it is and if they've ordered parts or fixtures yet. I was able to change my paint colour after 10 days but that was probably easy enough since they have gallons of every colour.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:26 am 

Another fantastic experience with Tiffany Brand over here!
She is extremely helpful & it worked out that we had the same kind of tastes. She gave us honest opinions and provided her input where she saw fit. Such a hug delight working with her!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:38 am 

ive been told that we have Cristina Berridge. havent met her yet. hoping she is good! fingers crossed!