HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:08 pm 

lamifunmi wrote:
Oh no probs!
Based on a Trenton Elevation C

For ensuite:
-double vanity 979

For kitchen:
-rough in pendant in kitchen 166
-executive package 1782
-plain glass on angled cabinet, matching interior with cabinet stain 371
-install toe kick vacuum rough in 313
-delete bulk heads over cabinets (free)
-fridge cold water line 172
-shorten cabinet above stove for future microwave hood fan 360

Other:
-additional cable tv in all 3 bedrooms upstairs 264
-rail in lieu of kneel wall 472
-square chamfered post 113
-upgrade underpad in master 224
-upgrade underpad in upperhall 92
-extend central vacuum rough in to garage 304
-delete powder room mirror (free)
-increase gas line to 1" 198
-security system installation, given a 3yr contract of 32$per month (free) **comes with video/intercom**
-two capped electrical ceiling box, each with separate switch 332 **for future potlights**
-three capped electrical ceiling box on existing switches 312 **for future potlights**

All came up to about 6000ish....and paid about $1000ish out of pocket. We didn't want to spend too much or have to add to the mortgage. So had to be wise in choosing upgrades that we thought were of worth. Countertops/pot lights/kitchen light valence, etc will all be done after closing.

About 4 hours of deliberations from start to finish :-)

Thanks for the info!

We are Trenton Elevation G - interesting you had to remove the bulk heads in the kitchen, I didn't notice any in the plans but thankfully we can remove them.

As far as "-rail in lieu of kneel wall 472" we were roughly quoted $600 but our appointment is on the 24th, I hope its the same as yours.

The square posts - are you doing it just on the stairs going from the 2nd to 1st floor ?

Nice upgrades ! Makes us think twice about ours.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:17 pm 

patrob wrote:
Rcanada wrote:

I heard that hardwood floors in kitchen are difficult to maintain if you have kids at home !!

Hardwood in the kitchen generally will wear faster than any other part of the house & you have to be more careful with wiping spills, water splashing, pots falling & denting wood, etc! You should use floor mats around stove, sink to minimize water splashing or grease from stove. Also keep in mind every time you move your chairs you can scratch your floors if you don't install felts under legs to protect it. But crumbs can still go under the felt & scratch the finish. Also possible dishwasher or fridge leaks that may damage your floors. We had our dishwasher leak a few times but we have tiles in the kitchen, imagine what would happen if we had hardwood & water has been sitting on the floor for few hours until you get home :o We also repaired lots of floors in kitchens with hardwood floors especially around the French patio door which tend to leak more vs. sliding doors. Did I mention be very careful when getting your appliances delivered, this is the most common damage in kitchens & expensive to fix!

Hope this helps :)

Great info - we are doing hardwood in the kitchen as well as the foyer (standard dark) for these reasons:

We wanted to go level 4 with hand scraped however it was a $4800 upgrade (w/o kitchen/foyer) so we figured since we get free hardwood, we might as well get it through the house, if we destroy the HW in the 3 years we expect to live here before upgrading, we can always just spend $8000 and get it all replaced - it would still be around the $7000 it would cost for the level 4 including foyer and kitchen - do you feel this is the right decision?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:42 pm 

ShazadMirza wrote:
lamifunmi wrote:
Oh no probs!

For ensuite:
-double vanity 979

For kitchen:
-executive package 1782

Other:
-security system installation, given a 3yr contract of 32$per month (free) **comes with video/intercom**
-two capped electrical ceiling box, each with separate switch 332 **for future potlights**
-three capped electrical ceiling box on existing switches 312 **for future potlights**

All came up to about 6000ish....and paid about $1000ish out of pocket. We didn't want to spend too much or have to add to the mortgage. So had to be wise in choosing upgrades that we thought were of worth. Countertops/pot lights/kitchen light valence, etc will all be done after closing.

Thanks for the info!

We are Trenton Elevation G - interesting you had to remove the bulk heads in the kitchen, I didn't notice any in the plans but thankfully we can remove them.

As far as "-rail in lieu of kneel wall 472" we were roughly quoted $600 but our appointment is on the 24th, I hope its the same as yours.

The square posts - are you doing it just on the stairs going from the 2nd to 1st floor ?

You're welcome ShazadMirza!
Re: bulkheads: not all models are able to get deleted but the Trenton G can get deleted.
Re: rail, it'll probably be the same for you, unless the kneel wall is double sided. The 472 quote is for 'up to 3ft'.
Re: square posts, it's for all stairs - square posts and square wood pickets, instead of the traditional design

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:58 am 

ShazadMirza wrote:
lamifunmi wrote:
Oh no probs!

For ensuite:
-double vanity 979

For kitchen:
-executive package 1782

Other:

Thanks for the info!

We had our design appointment yesterday and got a quote 472 for railings in lieu of kneewall...

Our design consultant convinced us for hardwood floor in upper hall for $972...I don't know why i am feeling now is it for that much worth....and she said everything is final and we cannot change later :(

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:50 am 

That's not good - I'm sure you will appreciate it when you move in.

There are way too many upgrades that we are on the fence about..

The one that really requires a picture, but one isn't included is an all glass shower - I've seen some pictures and they use aluminum framing - for $3600 that has got to be the ugliest upgrade - challenge is so is a wall encasement for the shower.

What makes more sense - save $3600 or upgrade and pray its not framed that ugly?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:24 pm 

ShazadMirza wrote:
Great info - we are doing hardwood in the kitchen as well as the foyer (standard dark) for these reasons:

We wanted to go level 4 with hand scraped however it was a $4800 upgrade (w/o kitchen/foyer) so we figured since we get free hardwood, we might as well get it through the house, if we destroy the HW in the 3 years we expect to live here before upgrading, we can always just spend $8000 and get it all replaced - it would still be around the $7000 it would cost for the level 4 including foyer and kitchen - do you feel this is the right decision?

If your hardwood is standard on main floor & you do like the hand scraped look, yes I would upgrade through the builder. You will not destroy that wood in 3 years :) Handscraped is much better in kitchen if you do want to go that route but maybe nice large tiles would be more practical in foyer unless you don't have that option.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:24 pm 

Finally had our appointment today and very satisfied with our choices.. Only 200 over budget :D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:20 pm 

ShazadMirza wrote:
Finally had our appointment today and very satisfied with our choices.. Only 200 over budget :D

Wow, awesome ShazadMirza!!
What upgrades did you end up getting?? If you don't mind sharing....

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:34 am 

lamifunmi wrote:
ShazadMirza wrote:

Wow, awesome ShazadMirza!!
What upgrades did you end up getting?? If you don't mind sharing....

Sure thing though my wife might be better at this then I:

-flat ceilings no stucco
-rail in Lue of knee wall
-square posts, camfered as well as stained and white painted posts - now I'm on the fence with camfered vs straight square - any advice here?
-rough in lights in the kitchen
-rough in TV over fireplace
-Executive kitchen, white with silver knobs paid for a glass cabinet as well as fake cabinets around the island and top
-hardwood in the main foyer and kitchen -picked the natural finish hardwood which is far less glossy and the stain lines are thinner (this was a new option that you needed to ask for)
-took the mirror out of the vanity washroom downstairs but kept them upstairs
-all glass enclosure, upgraded tiles, upgraded hardware in the washrooms

All together 10200 minus the 5000 that we got to spend.. let's see how it turns out
-

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:00 pm 

Here's what we are thinking in terms of upgrades. Our appt. is next week. I keep changing my mind lol.

Excec. Kitchen
Built in stove
Delete cab. Above stove
Island Plug
Square Pickets
Carpet Runner
Main Hall Extended Tiles
Upgraded Underpad in upstairs hall and bedrooms
Remove half wall upstairs
Double sinks in ensuite
Light rough ins
Safen'sound door for laundry room
comfort height cabinet in ensuite
Chrome J trim or Bullnose/Listello for around tub
Tub extendable faucet handle
Glass Shower
Some tile upgrades

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:08 pm 

Last edited by kitty on Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:36 am 

we got to know that our brick color will be san antonio but sliding color is suspense :)

I hope sliding color will be nice as we have elevation b which has more sidings than brick

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:09 pm 

I'm so glad I found this forum! :D
Does anyone have an idea about any upgrade prices for the Waterford? Did anyone else get the Waterford? :? :lol: ....haven't heard anything about it on any of the forums I just read thru....

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:34 pm 

Enm wrote:
I'm so glad I found this forum! :D
Does anyone have an idea about any upgrade prices for the Waterford? Did anyone else get the Waterford? :? :lol: ....haven't heard anything about it on any of the forums I just read thru....

Welcome on board Enm! And congrats :)
First time I'm hearing about Waterford....we got the trenton.
When is your closing date? And which lot number?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:37 pm 

Thanks lamifunmi! :) We were really torn between the Trenton and the Waterford :wink: . We liked the enclosed den with a front window and the chef's kitchen in the Trenton. Our closing date is way down in November but like everyone else I rly would like an idea about what upgrades are available for this model and their costs. I'M thinking that some costs would be standard for all models like the rough in for pendants, cable, capped electrical ceiling boxes for pot lights , double vanity etc...

For this model I'd really like to know the cost of:
Upgraded kitchen cabinets
Tile upgrades and diagonal placement
Frameless shower (is the price really 3700 as I read in an earlier post????) unbelievable!!!!!!
Railings instead of kneewall

We bought this model only last week when mattamy released additional homes for phases 3 &7....so we unfortunately paid more compared to the initial release prices, damn! :? So..just wanted to get an idea of the additional upgrade costs.

Check out this link to the Waterford (hope it works)

http://www.mattamyhomes.com/GTA/Communities/Milton/Hawthorne-Village/Models/D30/TheWaterford/TheWaterford.pdf

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next