HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:54 am 

Has anyone ever looked into soft - close doors and drawers through the builder or after the closing. Does Mattamy even offer this? I don't see any mention of it in the upgrade book but that doesn't necessarily mean it's not available.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:25 pm 

We just found out that they do indeed offer it as an option. For our Trenton Chef's Kitchen it was a lovely $2708 option!!!?? It made more sense to upgrade to the Royal cabinet line for $4200 more which includes the soft closure (and a much better door). It's all up to you and how much work you want to do after you move in. You can easily buy the hardware and do it yourself, but personally I didn't want to mess with my new kitchen.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:24 am 

hwmkjf wrote:
We just found out that they do indeed offer it as an option. For our Trenton Chef's Kitchen it was a lovely $2708 option!!!?? It made more sense to upgrade to the Royal cabinet line for $4200 more which includes the soft closure (and a much better door). It's all up to you and how much work you want to do after you move in. You can easily buy the hardware and do it yourself, but personally I didn't want to mess with my new kitchen.

Yes after posting I looked into it as well and found it too expensive as a stand alone option. I went to the Frendel showroom and the nice sales rep showed me what a simple retrofit it would be to do the doors later. The soft close mechanism simply snaps onto the existing hinges. No removal required. The drawers are very difficult to do apparently so we will be leaving those alone. We decided to go with a Master Layout and chose the Classic Premium line. We will be adding the soft close mechanism to the doors only after closing.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:30 am 

PatrykDale wrote:
Yes after posting I looked into it as well and found it too expensive as a stand alone option. I went to the Frendel showroom and the nice sales rep showed me what a simple retrofit it would be to do the doors later. The soft close mechanism simply snaps onto the existing hinges. No removal required. The drawers are very difficult to do apparently so we will be leaving those alone. We decided to go with a Master Layout and chose the Classic Premium line. We will be adding the soft close mechanism to the doors only after closing.

We're hoping to do that too - which soft close mechanisms will snap into the Frendel hinges - are you going to buy them from Frendel after closing or Homedepot/Ikea?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:34 pm 

DeeJay wrote:
PatrykDale wrote:

We're hoping to do that too - which soft close mechanisms will snap into the Frendel hinges - are you going to buy them from Frendel after closing or Homedepot/Ikea?

Frendel couldn't tell me how much they were but said they weren't expensive. Not sure what that will translate into. Frendel is prohibited from quoting or selling to any builder customers until at least 90 days have passed from closing. When we close, I will try using the IKEA dampers as they look very similar if not the same as Frendel's. I will post results in September.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:56 pm 

I think you can use the ones from Home Depot. $5.58 each

Search Richelieu Blumotion 973a
Sku:1000508584

Closing August 2014

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:33 pm 

SnS86 wrote:
I think you can use the ones from Home Depot. $5.58 each

Search Richelieu Blumotion 973a
Sku:1000508584

Great will try those too. Thanks.