HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:07 pm 

We are getting our house in April of next year, in phase 17 of Hawthorne Village.

We met with our design centre rep today and talked about getting the air conditioning through Mattamy. The rep quoted us around $3300 for a 1.5 tonne AC. As expected, they've overpriced the installation. I'm wondering what the normal installation rate of a 1.5 tonne AC is, assuming we go with a regular brand? Just looking for an approximate figure..

In terms of the upgrades, we spent our money in kitchen upgrades - Sous kitchen package (approx 600), backsplash (approx 1389), and microwave hood fan (685) - in Master Ensuite - Cultured Granite for the vanity (470) - and on stairs - Stain (695), rail instead of kneewall (692). Anything else we should consider? or should leave out for later?

I'm wondering if it is worth it to pay 116 for a cat-5 connection each on 2nd and 3rd floors? I will have a wireless router, but sometimes i feel that it is best to have an extra ethernet port on other levels of the house as well from a reliability perspective... any thoughts?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:21 pm 

Spend the money to get conduit installed between the basement and attic. This way you can easily run cables in the future as required. It was $220 for the home design we chose in phase 3.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:15 am 

Thanks DSK. How big was the PVC pipe? I'm assuming they ran it through the middle of the house?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:26 am 

I don't like wires and cable instead of paying extra $$$ to mattamy, I bought http://www.trendnet.com/products/prodde ... _TEW-640MB

You do not need anything from mattamy. Save your $$$$

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:01 am 

For sure get the conduit tube from basement to the attic. For an idea on A/C prices, see below:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=58950

Personally, I think getting the backspash through mattamy is a bit expensive. I would rather wait, and replace the counter with granite and then add a backspash that would match.