HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:21 pm 

Any Idea about the Laminate Flooring provided by Mattamy without any upgrade they are giving for Townhomes.
Thanks.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:26 pm 

if anyone has pics, i'd like to see too.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:59 pm 

We got the standard laminate in "Terra" for our townhome. I think it photographs a little bit lighter than what it looks like in person, but here's a visual:

Attachments:
File comment: Carpeted stairs, stained to match (approx. $700)
Screen Shot 2016-05-04 at 5.07.52 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2016-05-04 at 5.07.52 PM.jpg [ 30.5 KiB | Viewed 2709 times ]
Screen Shot 2016-05-04 at 5.08.14 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2016-05-04 at 5.08.14 PM.jpg [ 26.53 KiB | Viewed 2709 times ]
File comment: Close up (appears lighter than in real life)
Screen Shot 2016-05-04 at 5.08.31 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2016-05-04 at 5.08.31 PM.jpg [ 18.49 KiB | Viewed 2709 times ]

Firm Closing Date: September 14, 2017

Last edited by lalexa on Wed May 04, 2016 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:22 pm 

Thanks a lot for Picture. Floor looks beautiful. Is it durable too specially in kitchen I mean better then tiles?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:50 pm 

Ahr - I'm sure tiles would be a lot more durable, especially for spills in the kitchen. However, our kitchen, dining and living room is basically one big space, so we got the laminate throughout because we felt the tiles would divide the rooms and made the space look smaller, so even if it's less durable over time, I would still take laminate (or maybe eventually hardwood) over tiles.

I haven't noticed any scratches on it yet, so it seems somewhat durable. The only problem with the dark floors is that it shows dust and dirt like crazy! I'm sure it will be less dusty once the construction settles down though.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:22 pm 

Once again thank you. Your kitchen cabinets and Kitchen Island is white which is looking so beautiful on this floor.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:50 pm 

Looks good lalexa. I chose the same laminate so it's good to see how it looks in it's final state. All i had seen before was the small sample they had at the design centre.

did you get oak stairs that match that laminate color? if so, do you have any pics?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:03 pm 

Our kitchens are twins! Looks like we have the same cabinets, countertops and floors. Looks GREAT! Really looking forward to our closing now... :D

lalexa wrote:
We got the standard laminate in "Terra" for our townhome. I think it photographs a little bit lighter than what it looks like in person, but here's a visual:

Closed October 1, 2014

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:41 pm 

what is the countertop?? calacatta laminate????

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:00 pm 

RMX - we couldn't fit hardwood stairs into our budget, but we did upgrade to square pickets and have the pickets stained to match. Here's some pictures, hope they help!

Attachments:
stairs1.jpg
stairs1.jpg [ 79.39 KiB | Viewed 4918 times ]
stairs2.jpg
stairs2.jpg [ 79.35 KiB | Viewed 4918 times ]
stairs3.jpg
stairs3.jpg [ 60.72 KiB | Viewed 4918 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:10 pm 

San & Jov wrote:
Our kitchens are twins! Looks like we have the same cabinets, countertops and floors. Looks GREAT! Really looking forward to our closing now... :D

San & Jov - Yes! I remember you saying that in the early stages of picking our finishes. I hope you love your choices as much as we do! Actually, I think it will look even better since your kitchen is larger. The only downside to our model (In my option) is very little counter space. Anyways.. Here are some pictures to give you a better visual.

wyndham - Yes, this is the Calcutta laminate. If you got this, and you live near oakville an want to see it in person, they have this laminate in one of the bathrooms with brown cabinets. I think it looks really nice (especially for laminate)

Attachments:
kitchen1.jpg
kitchen1.jpg [ 66.41 KiB | Viewed 4917 times ]
kitchen2.jpg
kitchen2.jpg [ 63.79 KiB | Viewed 4917 times ]
island.jpg
island.jpg [ 62.71 KiB | Viewed 4917 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:22 am 

Thanks for sharing. I'll have the same countertop in my ensuite as well so it's nice to see how it looks. I kind of wish I did it for my kitchen now too lol.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:32 pm 

@lalexa - Funny you should mention the counterspace - Mattamy actually incorrectly installed our kitchen - they put up full pantries instead of extending the uppers and bases. We contacted them and the said they would change it but it may not be done until after closing - yikes! We'll see what happens... I kind of like the look of the pantries but I'm thinking we'll need the counterspace more.

Your house is beautiful, btw! :)

lalexa wrote:
San & Jov wrote:

San & Jov - Yes! I remember you saying that in the early stages of picking our finishes. I hope you love your choices as much as we do! Actually, I think it will look even better since your kitchen is larger. The only downside to our model (In my option) is very little counter space. Anyways.. Here are some pictures to give you a better visual.

wyndham - Yes, this is the Calcutta laminate. If you got this, and you live near oakville an want to see it in person, they have this laminate in one of the bathrooms with brown cabinets. I think it looks really nice (especially for laminate)

Attachments:
Kitchen_2.jpg
Kitchen_2.jpg [ 85.63 KiB | Viewed 4673 times ]

Closed October 1, 2014
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:33 pm 

San & Jov - Whattttt! They put up pantries instead of extending the countertop? that seems like it would be a really expensive mistake :| Was there supposed to be 2 pantry doors, and they put up 4? or were there not supposed to be any pantries?

Anyways, I obviously love your kitchen! (I'm a little biased). I do like the pantries, but I see what you're saying about counter space. It looks like you have the exact same amount of counter space as us, which is a little tight. But if you have extra storage space, maybe it will be just enough? We recently got a Kitchen Aid Mixer as a gift and we were hoping to leave out on the counter, but we have too many other things out, so we store it in the pantry, and it pretty much takes up an entire shelf, and our cupboards are exploding a bit right now, especially after a trip to Costco lol... But if we had a double pantry, I think we would be fine.

Anyways, good luck, it looks like your house is almost done!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:48 am 

lalexa wrote:
San & Jov wrote:

your choices looks good!