HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post subject: Re: Upgrades - HSV
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:01 pm 

Thank you heather 22003 for the suggestion, and LovelyThanks4Asking for sharing your experience. That makes me feel a bit more confident with my choices. If anyone has pics of their bathroom choices of tile and cabinets, or recently finished bathrooms from previous phases, seeing some finished samples would be greatly appreciated.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:23 pm 

rosaj2 wrote:
JeepMomma2015 wrote:
We went to DC and model homes in Oakville yesterday to get ideas and visualize kitchen and bath colors.
Also, drove by site and see more ravine development happening on west side. *fingers crossed*
Funnyman82 - great kitchen colors. At the moment we're leaning towards dark cabinets with light counters. Yours looks great.
Whitney74 - love the kitchen tile - Essex sage and Essex grey are on the top of our list of floor tiles. Just have to see how it would look with dark cabinets.
Rosaj2 - I was thinking about that light on 2nd floor hallway. It's a small detail but I'm not quite liking where they put it. Thinking of moving it closer to bdrm3. With that, I'm gg to add a capped ceiling box in the centre of staircase with separate switch plus one extra (1 up & 1 down) as well as reinforcement for heavy fixture so that we may install a nice chandelier in the future. Hope you know what I mean. Let me know if you have any suggestions please.

JeepMomma2015, I agree it seems like there is no hall way light at all where it is located now.

also do you know if they will allow us to move a light?

Connaught Terrace

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:37 pm 

rosaj2 wrote:

No charge to move/relocate a light. We moved a few in our home, and they make note of exactly where the new location will be on the blueprint and also in your upgrades list.

Same as you have both mentioned, we relocated our upper hallway light to be centred over our staircase. Will look nicer there.... and we already bought the light fixture! :oops:

We also relocated the ensuite light (above the mirror) and made it a wall sconce (free), and added another wall sconce for $88. Deleted the mirror in there and will put up our own in between the sconces. Just some more ideas you might be interested in too. :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:33 am 

whitney74 wrote:
rosaj2 wrote:

No charge to move/relocate a light. We moved a few in our home, and they make note of exactly where the new location will be on the blueprint and also in your upgrades list.

Same as you have both mentioned, we relocated our upper hallway light to be centred over our staircase. Will look nicer there.... and we already bought the light fixture! :oops:

We also relocated the ensuite light (above the mirror) and made it a wall sconce (free), and added another wall sconce for $88. Deleted the mirror in there and will put up our own in between the sconces. Just some more ideas you might be interested in too. :wink:

Whitney74
That's where I got the idea from! haha - when you posted the relocation to staircase. Its a great idea Thanks

Rosaj2
I'm definitely relocating the one in upper hallway closer to bedroom 3 and adding one to middle of staircase. It just seems that they've positioned that fixture funny and it wont give too much light towards stairs. Hope it works ok especially since we don't think we are doing potlights there.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:10 am 

The end

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:24 am 

sorry guys, I'm not sure who type in the "The end"... lol

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:33 pm 

I am looking to get some guidance on a home security system. For the HVS Mattamy is offering a land phone line based system for $27.99/month for 3 years, or just the wiring rough-in for approx $550. I currently do not have a land phone line, but a modem-based phone line which is much cheaper. There are now wireless security systems out there, or ones that can be linked to a modem-based phone lines. Does anyone have any experience with the Mattamy offered security system through Reliance? How does it compare to wireless systems? So confused on which way to go. Any suggestions, feedback is much appreciated.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:47 pm 

Has anyone with a Lancaster model and a Sous kitchen had their bulk heads removed? We were told it's not an option with the Sous package because it does not look good without the crown moulding.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8