HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Design Guide Phase 2
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:14 pm 

whitney74 wrote:
Glad I'm not the only one trying different maneuvers to get the book!! :lol:

An approximate price for the group 2 hardwood upgrade would be fantastic. If you could give me the upgrade price for the great room of your home, I can get an idea of roughly how much it would be for mine.

This is our second Mattamy build. The first time around we spent $20k. Our design book is from 2009, so I figure those prices are outdated. I'm anticipating about $40k for this house.

Thanks in advance for your help!

In my book group 2 was included for the great room but group 3 was $1,119. (Which is just a bit smaller than 14' x 18')

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:16 pm 

rosaj2 wrote:
LovelyThanks4Asking,

if you please could share some prices it would be greatly appreciated.

LovelyThanks4Asking wrote:
whitney74 wrote:
My life's mission has become getting our design book. Our closing date is March 30th. I have called, emailed, etc. We were initially told "2 weeks" when we purchased in January. Then in March we were told "another 6-8 weeks". We got creative and started to think of ways we could get the book sooner than later... told them we would be out of the country - didn't work. Told them we had investments rolling over at the bank - denied again. I can wait on the appointment, but the book would really help for budgeting.

Hoping we get our book soon :wink:

Haha... I did the same thing... I can let you know prices from mine if you want, the prices are relatively similar.

What were you looking at upgrading? There is an upgrade for literally everything in your home :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:00 pm 

Hi Lovelythanks4asking :), thank you for the hardwood price! If group 2 is included for us as well, that will make a considerable dent in the right direction for our budget. When we went to the DC and asked about the hardwood, the person tossed a key ring with 5 samples and said that those were the ones included. They didn't appeal to us, so we found a few on the wall of hardwood that we liked much more. Wouldn't surprise me if we do in fact get the group 2 hardwood. Out of curiosity, were your carpeted rooms automatically upgraded to 40 ounce pile (instead of 35). Our sales agreement states 40 oz carpet, which was an upgrade in our current home. Makes me think we would get some nicer hardwood options too in that case. I'll have to wait and see, but the number you gave helps me to plan anyways!

Our list includes: executive kitchen package, backsplash, under cabinet and over cabinet lighting, granite, upgraded door hardware, hardwood throughout kitchen areas, hardwood in upper hall and master bedroom, level 3 floor tile in foyer on main floor, all tile 45 degree installation main floor and upper floor, glass shower with bench added, stair railing & volutes, trimmed arches.

On the chopping block: Fancy fireplace mantel, baseboards, outdoor pot lights, granite or quartz in bathrooms.

That's the main ideas... Will see what stays and what goes when the book arrives!

Who was your design consultant? We had Agapi last time and really liked working with her.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 11:23 am 

Miltonliving_2010 wrote:
Thanks! Lovely4asking

Do you know how much a frameless glass shower is?

$1,336 :)

$1336 is for a glass door it's actually $3K for a frameless glass shower. That price seems to be standard on most models and what we paid for the Woodstock.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 11:59 am 

whitney74 wrote:
Hi Lovelythanks4asking :), thank you for the hardwood price! If group 2 is included for us as well, that will make a considerable dent in the right direction for our budget. When we went to the DC and asked about the hardwood, the person tossed a key ring with 5 samples and said that those were the ones included. They didn't appeal to us, so we found a few on the wall of hardwood that we liked much more. Wouldn't surprise me if we do in fact get the group 2 hardwood. Out of curiosity, were your carpeted rooms automatically upgraded to 40 ounce pile (instead of 35). Our sales agreement states 40 oz carpet, which was an upgrade in our current home. Makes me think we would get some nicer hardwood options too in that case. I'll have to wait and see, but the number you gave helps me to plan anyways!

Our list includes: executive kitchen package, backsplash, under cabinet and over cabinet lighting, granite, upgraded door hardware, hardwood throughout kitchen areas, hardwood in upper hall and master bedroom, level 3 floor tile in foyer on main floor, all tile 45 degree installation main floor and upper floor, glass shower with bench added, stair railing & volutes, trimmed arches.

On the chopping block: Fancy fireplace mantel, baseboards, outdoor pot lights, granite or quartz in bathrooms.

That's the main ideas... Will see what stays and what goes when the book arrives!

Who was your design consultant? We had Agapi last time and really liked working with her.

Yup, ours was 40oz included as well. We ended up upgrading to the highest level carpet in the bedrooms because that came with some kind of under padding upgrade and some waterproof carpet or something, I can't remember the features but it seemed worth it at the time lol
Your list is a pretty good list. We wanted the shower seat as well but they couldn't tell from the drawing where the plumbing was going to be in either shower so we had to leave it out. It was good that we did because it would have looked wonky the way the plan ended up. Also, in our last house over 5 year I don't think I ever used it once.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 12:01 pm 

hjk1 wrote:
Miltonliving_2010 wrote:
Thanks! Lovely4asking

Do you know how much a frameless glass shower is?

$1,336 :)

$1336 is for a glass door it's actually $3K for a frameless glass shower. That price seems to be standard on most models and what we paid for the Woodstock.

Yup, you're right. In our model there wasn't even an opportunity to upgrade the shower, they both just came frameless glass so I'm not sure why that's even included in the book.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 9:26 pm 

Thank you for the shower pricing! Much appreciated.

I shall continue to "patiently" wait for my design guide.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 11:03 pm 

Thanks Lovely for the details about the carpet. Interesting to know about the additional upgrade including the underpad. Our current home has 40 oz with upgraded underpad and it's still very plush. Not sure I'll upgrade beyond for the 3 spare rooms. Would prefer hardwood throughout, but also not sure if I can justify putting hardwood in those rooms.

Which model do you have? I'm interested in knowing if my ensuite shower will also come with a frameless glass enclosure.

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 7:32 pm 

We close in February 2016 and we just picked up our design guide today, so hopefully yours will be ready soon!

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 7:36 pm 

Thanks The Lucan! That gives me hope that we may get ours before the summers over!

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 7:29 pm 

We got the call!!! :D picking up our book tomorrow!

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 9:21 pm 

That's awesome whitney74!! I feel like June may be my lucky month! Lol

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 1:52 pm 

whitney74 wrote:

So happy for you Whitney74... Care to share some of the prices for hardwood group 2 and 12 x 24 tiles?

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 8:31 pm 

risny wrote:
whitney74 wrote:

So happy for you Whitney74... Care to share some of the prices for hardwood group 2 and 12 x 24 tiles?

Hope you get your booklet soon too! We just spent the evening looking it over... and maxing out the the budget LOL

Group 2 Hardwood:
Dining- $1684
Great Room - $1540
Den - $800
Kitchen - $2150
Upper Hall - $1727
Master - $ 2980 :shock: <---- I will somehow justify this one because of my allergies
* There is also underpad for hardwood, which I didn't know about until now. All of the above listed rooms = $1000 total for underpad.

Level 2 Floor Tiles:
Foyer: $726
Powder: $209
Kitchen: $1919
Mudroom: $642
Ensuite: $572
Main Bath: $377
Laundry:P $600

Let me know if there are any more prices that you'd like to know :wink:

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 9:12 pm 

whitney74 wrote:
risny wrote:
whitney74 wrote:

Hope you get your booklet soon too! We just spent the evening looking it over... and maxing out the the budget LOL

Group 2 Hardwood:
Dining- $1684
Great Room - $1540
Den - $800
Kitchen - $2150
Upper Hall - $1727
Master - $ 2980 :shock: <---- I will somehow justify this one because of my allergies
* There is also underpad for hardwood, which I didn't know about until now. All of the above listed rooms = $1000 total for underpad.

Level 2 Floor Tiles:
Foyer: $726
Powder: $209
Kitchen: $1919
Mudroom: $642
Ensuite: $572
Main Bath: $377
Laundry:P $600

Let me know if there are any more prices that you'd like to know :wink:

Thank you so much Whitney74 :)

Wow... I'll be broke :) sorry I have to ask for more of these items price.

How much is to do a 45 degree on hardwood and tiles?

Can you also tell me the cost for:
Grande and executive kitchen
Level 3 tiles
pickets and chamfered post
Smooth ceiling

Are you deleting the kneewall at your den?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next