HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Design Guide Phase 2
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:13 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:23 pm
Posts: 127
We got ours too!! (The pricing is killing my wish list though :S) We have an Elmira FC


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Design Guide Phase 2
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:19 am
Posts: 32
Here is a list of some of the upgrades we are considering to finalize for Perth EM:

central vac garage connection
smooth ceiling on main floor
install 45 degree corners for dining room coffered ceiling
fireplace MDF mantel
stairs metal pickets
stairs victorian newel posts - 2 on main floor
trim pkg 1
main floor closet change sliders to door
change bedroom 2 sliding doors to swing doors
optional door from main bath to bedroom 4
change interior door style
1 Extra light in the backyard
reinforcement for installing chandelier/fans in bedrooms
tv conduit
change bedroom 4 bathroom's tub to standing shower
Group 3 hardwood (wide planks) on main floor and upper hallway
upgrade underpads for bedroom carpet
gas connection in backyard

change one of the light location in upper hallway to move towards the front
change light location in porch to center

Kitchen:
grande package
cabinets: Espresso colour
cabinets: undecided about included/classic line depending on the budget
upper cabinet glass inserts for 1-2 cabinets
matching interior for cabinets with glass inserts
lazy susan
delete upper cabinets above stove
36" cooktop accomodation
island faux doors on sides and rear
kitchen island decorative corbels x 2
premium quartz countertop in kitchen
soap dispenser in kitchen countertop
valence lights
base waste recycling centre
upgrade gas line to 1 inch
gas line for gas stove
Polished Porcelain tiles
large crown moulding for upper cabinets

Some of the upgrades we will do after closing:
fireplace fan and thermostat
humudifier
kitchen backsplash
interior/exterior pot lights
wall paints
moulding


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Design Guide Phase 2
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:28 pm
Posts: 339
cheers wrote:
Here is a list of some of the upgrades we are considering to finalize for Perth EM:

central vac garage connection
smooth ceiling on main floor
install 45 degree corners for dining room coffered ceiling
fireplace MDF mantel
stairs metal pickets
stairs victorian newel posts - 2 on main floor
trim pkg 1
main floor closet change sliders to door
change bedroom 2 sliding doors to swing doors
optional door from main bath to bedroom 4
change interior door style
1 Extra light in the backyard
reinforcement for installing chandelier/fans in bedrooms
tv conduit
change bedroom 4 bathroom's tub to standing shower
Group 3 hardwood (wide planks) on main floor and upper hallway
upgrade underpads for bedroom carpet
gas connection in backyard

change one of the light location in upper hallway to move towards the front
change light location in porch to center

Kitchen:
grande package
cabinets: Espresso colour
cabinets: undecided about included/classic line depending on the budget
upper cabinet glass inserts for 1-2 cabinets
matching interior for cabinets with glass inserts
lazy susan
delete upper cabinets above stove
36" cooktop accomodation
island faux doors on sides and rear
kitchen island decorative corbels x 2
premium quartz countertop in kitchen
soap dispenser in kitchen countertop
valence lights
base waste recycling centre
upgrade gas line to 1 inch
gas line for gas stove
Polished Porcelain tiles
large crown moulding for upper cabinets

Some of the upgrades we will do after closing:
fireplace fan and thermostat
humudifier
kitchen backsplash
interior/exterior pot lights
wall paints
moulding


Great list how much is that running you approximatley?

_________________
HSV Phase 2
Dundas Model - English Manor
April 21, 2015 Closing Date
Connaught Terrace


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Design Guide Phase 2
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:19 am
Posts: 32
This is about 48k which is going over the budget :(.
Some of the items we are still debating are between hardwood group 2/3 wide planks, polished porcelain tiles/included tiles in the kitchen, kitchen cabinets of included/classic line.
Polished Porcelain tiles in the kitchen/breakfast area is definitely one of the big item but I have these installed in my current house and are so easy to clean that I cant think of going back to regular tiles at least not for the busy kitchen/breakfast area.
For the kitchen cabinets I think we might have to stick with included ones.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Design Guide Phase 2
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 12, 2015 8:13 am
Posts: 31
Hi Guys, If you upgrade your counter top from 30" to 36" for cooktop will the upper cabinet will also included to accomodate a 36" hood range exhaust?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Design Guide Phase 2
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:28 pm
Posts: 339
We had our DC appointment today. Glad its over and all the questions we had are answered.

_________________
HSV Phase 2
Dundas Model - English Manor
April 21, 2015 Closing Date
Connaught Terrace


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Design Guide Phase 2
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:45 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:41 pm
Posts: 47
rosaj2 wrote:
We had our DC appointment today. Glad its over and all the questions we had are answered.


Hi rosaj2,

I'm glad to here you are done with your DC appointment. who is your consultant?

did you go under your budget? I hope our consultant can help us not to spend more :lol:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Design Guide Phase 2
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:47 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:28 pm
Posts: 339
risny wrote:
rosaj2 wrote:
We had our DC appointment today. Glad its over and all the questions we had are answered.


Hi rosaj2,

I'm glad to here you are done with your DC appointment. who is your consultant?

did you go under your budget? I hope our consultant can help us not to spend more :lol:


Hello Risny,

We most definitley went over budget! are DC consultant was Kristen she was good. I do nto think it is in their job to help you spend less. I actually think it is the opposite.

What I liked about her is that she listened and when I told her i want to go with a certain included item for a certain room she was accepting of it and helped me make the best decisions with the included product.

_________________
HSV Phase 2
Dundas Model - English Manor
April 21, 2015 Closing Date
Connaught Terrace


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
[ Time : 0.091s | 13 Queries | GZIP : Off ]