HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Frameless Glass Shower
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:34 pm 

Has anyone priced out doing a frameless glass shower in the master bathroom, after closing? So, not going through mattamy? I'm curious to know if mattamys price is reasonable.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:02 pm 

Do you mean a full glass enclosure or just a glass door?

If full enclosure, that would involve a LOT more construction work after closing, because it may involve removing walls and such. Curious as to how much mattamy is charging for you model?

If just a glass shower door about $400-$500 installed is reasonable

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:04 pm 

funnyman82 wrote:
Do you mean a full glass enclosure or just a glass door?

If full enclosure, that would involve a LOT more construction work after closing, because it may involve removing walls and such. Curious as to how much mattamy is charging for you model?

If just a glass shower door about $400-$500 installed is reasonable

I'm looking for a full glass enclosure. I have the 36' Woodstock model and they are charging $3,450.

I wonder even with the demo work, if it could be done cheaper after the fact... I doubt it, but figured it was worth asking.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:26 am 

Miltonliving_2010 wrote:

I'm looking for a full glass enclosure. I have the 36' Woodstock model and they are charging $3,450.

I wonder even with the demo work, if it could be done cheaper after the fact... I doubt it, but figured it was worth asking.

If it was just the shower door, then I'd say change it after closing.

To change to a full glass shower enclosure, may as well bite the bullet and get it done by Mattamy. Not only are you taking a chance on where they run the water lines and shower head/valve (interior wall vs exterior wall) which can cause complications with re-routing pipes, if you have any leaking issues that cause damage to other areas of the house or the ceiling below, Mattamy probably won't warranty it as their original work was tampered with.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:42 am 

Jeff Dee wrote:
Miltonliving_2010 wrote:

If it was just the shower door, then I'd say change it after closing.

To change to a full glass shower enclosure, may as well bite the bullet and get it done by Mattamy. Not only are you taking a chance on where they run the water lines and shower head/valve (interior wall vs exterior wall) which can cause complications with re-routing pipes, if you have any leaking issues that cause damage to other areas of the house or the ceiling below, Mattamy probably won't warranty it as their original work was tampered with.

Thanks Jeff Dee that's a good point, I didn't even think about the warranty factor. I guess we will be biting the bullet!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:14 am 

All of those upgrades are priced in such a way that it would cost just as much for the same quality work to do it yourself. If you know that's what you want to do, just go through the builder.
Something I've noticed with them is that if you upgrade, they pay careful attention to your upgrades and do them well. Things that are left standard seem to be just thrown in or slapped on with the assumption that it will just be torn out after so don't be shy with the upgrades through them if you've got the money.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 1:36 pm 

Pardon me but does anybody know the difference between GS-1 and GS-9A Glass shower Enclosure?

Delayed Closing date April 18, 2017
Moved in date May 18, 2017