HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:34 pm 

Hi, did anyone make any changing shape on their kitchen island? we bought the pelham model and planning use all hardwood in our kitchen and change the kitchen island shape instead of semi oval shape on one corner, we want it to be regular rectangular shape. Any one have any idea about it? thanks in advance!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:45 am 

We did (or I should say I did lol)... I had them bring out the corners so it looks beefier... It costs money but it can be done.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:50 am 

Also, to change it FROM a weird shape TO a plain rectangle should be easy. Just tell them you want 4 corner posts (each should be around $1,500) and they'll adjust the shape of the island automatically.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:34 am 

LovelyThanks4Asking wrote:
Also, to change it FROM a weird shape TO a plain rectangle should be easy. Just tell them you want 4 corner posts (each should be around $1,500) and they'll adjust the shape of the island automatically.

Thanks LovelyThanks4Asking for ur info! May i know what model did u bought from Mattamy? Is it also pelham model in HSV? I did emailed my DC few days ago but she mention we cant amend the shape of the kitchen island and ask me to do ourself after the closing :cry: :cry:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:09 am 

We bought in the preserve so it's a different model but the same kitchen company. Have you already selected your finishes? If not, don't tell them that you want to change the shape but that you want to buy more of their expensive posts... Perspective is everything ;)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:40 am 

We bought in the preserve so it's a different model but the same kitchen company. Have you already selected your finishes? If not, don't tell them that you want to change the shape but that you want to buy more of their expensive posts... Perspective is everything ;)

hi LovelyThanks4Asking.. we haven't select the finishes yet. but we already asked them by email about changing the island and they have told me that not possible. I'm gonna try as your suggestion (ask about buying their expensive post) lets see how she gonna answer. thanks again for your input!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:38 pm 

d3d3 wrote:

hi LovelyThanks4Asking.. we haven't select the finishes yet. but we already asked them by email about changing the island and they have told me that not possible. I'm gonna try as your suggestion (ask about buying their expensive post) lets see how she gonna answer. thanks again for your input!

d3d3, were you able to change the island shape? Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:11 am 

Gjeny wrote:
d3d3 wrote:

d3d3, were you able to change the island shape? Thanks.

nope. Mattamy consider that as custom design. and they not allowed that :(