HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Built in appliances
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:07 am 

eblaz wrote:
If you buy the appliances from the builder they will install them for you before you move in. If you purchase them on your own you must have all the dimensions of your appliances when you go for your design appointment, as we did and had no problems(i installed them myself).

same experience. if you are nice they will hook up your dishwasher for you. (run plumbing and electrical)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:26 am 

Thank you for the reply "LovelyThanks4Asking". I will remember that when we do our PDI. BTW, did u move in already? Which model and street? If u don't mind sharing. We bough Waterford, on Etheridge Ave.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:38 am 

fahmidalipi wrote:
Thank you for the reply "LovelyThanks4Asking". I will remember that when we do our PDI. BTW, did u move in already? Which model and street? If u don't mind sharing. We bough Waterford, on Etheridge Ave.

We're in the Oakville development but all of our Mattamy people are up in Milton now. We've been in for 6 months now, this is our first Mattamy house after buying from many other builders and I'm really impressed with them. (No I don't work for them LOL).

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:19 pm 

Hi,

Can someone share what laundry washer / dryer you purchased for your second floor laundry room? What is the width of the laundry appliance you purchased?can anyone share what is the width of the laundry room door? I think the standard washer width is 27 inches. But there are washers that go up to 30 inches.

Regarding the fridge,has anyone done the actual measurement of the height of the cabinet? The design specification says 71 inches. Anyone measured the actual height to be more than that?

I would gladly appreciate your feedback!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:31 pm 

I have Windmere and I was told that I cannot get grande package if I get chef kitchen.
I don't understand why this is? cabinetry is not a structural change anyway.

So what are my options?
All I need is that one big cabinet that will fit a wall oven and built in microwave, can I get this at design center?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:34 pm 

oceanguard wrote:
I have Windmere and I was told that I cannot get grande package if I get chef kitchen.
I don't understand why this is? cabinetry is not a structural change anyway.

So what are my options?
All I need is that one big cabinet that will fit a wall oven and built in microwave, can I get this at design center?

Nope u can't. . Because the chefs kitchen has sink and dishwasher moved towards the wall, there is no space for wall oven and microwave. ..we had the same problem

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:53 pm 

There is space from where the cabinet ends until the garden (back) door about 2-3 feet where you do have option to get another pantry if needed.
Did you have this discussion at design center? If they could move the dishwasher from under the last cupboard then there can be space for wall oven there.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:23 pm 

oceanguard wrote:
There is space from where the cabinet ends until the garden (back) door about 2-3 feet where you do have option to get another pantry if needed.
Did you have this discussion at design center? If they could move the dishwasher from under the last cupboard then there can be space for wall oven there.

Honestly we did not..u can chk...but they might not cz it'll block the passage to backyard

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 3:06 pm 

so looking at the layout, the door needs 3 feet to open, there is a total of 6 feet available there.
I'll ask them :)

thanks