HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Built in appliances
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:40 am 

Hi All,

Do we have to have the appliances sent to the builder so they can install appliances when they are building built in cabinets and stuff or do we have to install appliances by ourselves later after construction is done?

Thanks in advance :)

Post subject: Re: Built in appliances
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:21 pm 

We also went with built-in's and I was told that you have to install them yourself after closing.

ccckp wrote:
Hi All,

Do we have to have the appliances sent to the builder so they can install appliances when they are building built in cabinets and stuff or do we have to install appliances by ourselves later after construction is done?

Thanks in advance :)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:36 pm 

If you buy the appliances from the builder they will install them for you before you move in. If you purchase them on your own you must have all the dimensions of your appliances when you go for your design appointment, as we did and had no problems(i installed them myself).

Renfrew Elevation "G" Hawthorne Village

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:23 am 

We were told all along that we were responsible for the installation of our appliances but during our PDI, Mattamy offered to install ours as a "courtesy". The arranged for someone to come in 1 week after closing to install everything. They said it would be scheduled for a week after closing to give us a chance to have the appliances delivered (and allow for any mistakes that might happen with delivery).

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:11 am 

fahmidalipi wrote:
LovelyThanks4Asking wrote:
We were told all along that we were responsible for the installation of our appliances but during our PDI, Mattamy offered to install ours as a "courtesy". The arranged for someone to come in 1 week after closing to install everything. They said it would be scheduled for a week after closing to give us a chance to have the appliances delivered (and allow for any mistakes that might happen with delivery).

---That's great, did they install all the appliances? Any cost? So on your PDI day, you asked them if they can do this? Please advise.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:51 am 

fahmidalipi wrote:
fahmidalipi wrote:
LovelyThanks4Asking wrote:

---That's great, did they install all the appliances? Any cost? So on your PDI day, you asked them if they can do this? Please advise.

During the PDI they just offered. I think it had a lot to do with the fact that we purchased a lot of upgrades through them and at the PDI we werent really concerned about tiny dings and scratches here and there. We were really happy that the house was done on time and everything was done really well so they went above and beyond to impress us.
There was no cost to us and all of the appliances were installed.
I've noticed that if you're nice to them, they seem to like to come to your house to do things lol

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:47 pm 

I will give you a little tip... Mattamy takes the surveys they give you after you move in very seriously and they will bend over backwards to get you to give them a good one. They will install appliances, backsplashes what ever it takes. Just keep it in mind you can have the upper hand if you play your cards right.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:30 pm 

eblaz wrote:
If you buy the appliances from the builder they will install them for you before you move in. If you purchase them on your own you must have all the dimensions of your appliances when you go for your design appointment, as we did and had no problems(i installed them myself).

Hi eblaz,

Based on what information you choose the dimensions of your appliances? What I mean here is that appliances vary from size to size and how could you make sure that the appliances you bought would fit into your kitchen?

I am trying to understand as we recently signed for an 30' Elmvale closing in Sep 2016 and wondering what would be the maximum size of appliances that we can go with? Perhaps, Mattamy builds the kitchen counter etc based on the dimensions of appliances so we should not be concerned whether an appliance would fit or not?

Sorry for being ignorant about the whole procedure - first time home buyer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:39 pm 

gs1905 wrote:
eblaz wrote:

Hi eblaz,

Based on what information you choose the dimensions of your appliances? What I mean here is that appliances vary from size to size and how could you make sure that the appliances you bought would fit into your kitchen?

I am trying to understand as we recently signed for an 30' Elmvale closing in Sep 2016 and wondering what would be the maximum size of appliances that we can go with? Perhaps, Mattamy builds the kitchen counter etc based on the dimensions of appliances so we should not be concerned whether an appliance would fit or not?

We bought our appliances from Sears before our design appointment.I got the sears salesman to give us a printout of the dimensions of all the appliances. We then took these to our design appointment. Sears was willing to hold the appliances for approx 8 months until we moved in. We have all built in and an induction cooktop Mattamy was more than happy to cut it out for us because we asked.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:56 pm 

Thank you eblaz

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:56 pm 

eblaz wrote:
gs1905 wrote:
eblaz wrote:

Hi eblaz,

We bought our appliances from Sears before our design appointment.I got the sears salesman to give us a printout of the dimensions of all the appliances. We then took these to our design appointment. Sears was willing to hold the appliances for approx 8 months until we moved in. We have all built in and an induction cooktop Mattamy was more than happy to cut it out for us because we asked.
If this is your first induction cook top......you're going to LOVE it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:25 am 

gs1905 wrote:
Thank you eblaz

Hey GS1905,
we purchased the elmvale from phase 17 (closed April 2015). The elmvale has standard appliance sizes for each appliance. Fridge = 36", Stove = 30" and dishwasher was 24". For the fridge it's recommended to go counter depth so it does not overshoot the counters that much.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:27 am 

I was curious about that. The counter depth fridges are best when you have cabinets on both sides right? If I have cabinets one side and a wall on the other, do you think I can get by with just a reg depth fridge?
Thx!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:45 am 

funnyman82 wrote:
I was curious about that. The counter depth fridges are best when you have cabinets on both sides right? If I have cabinets one side and a wall on the other, do you think I can get by with just a reg depth fridge?
Thx!

We have a counter depth fridge with a wall on 1 side and i think it still gives the kitchen a clean look

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:19 am 

Ebalz, do you mind posting a pic for me? Or pm me? Thx!

Debating between looks vs usable space inside the fridge.