HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Built in appliances
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:07 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:21 am
Posts: 319
eblaz wrote:
If you buy the appliances from the builder they will install them for you before you move in. If you purchase them on your own you must have all the dimensions of your appliances when you go for your design appointment, as we did and had no problems(i installed them myself).


same experience. if you are nice they will hook up your dishwasher for you. (run plumbing and electrical)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Built in appliances
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:26 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:01 pm
Posts: 31
Thank you for the reply "LovelyThanks4Asking". I will remember that when we do our PDI. BTW, did u move in already? Which model and street? If u don't mind sharing. We bough Waterford, on Etheridge Ave.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Built in appliances
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:38 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:51 pm
Posts: 550
fahmidalipi wrote:
Thank you for the reply "LovelyThanks4Asking". I will remember that when we do our PDI. BTW, did u move in already? Which model and street? If u don't mind sharing. We bough Waterford, on Etheridge Ave.

We're in the Oakville development but all of our Mattamy people are up in Milton now. We've been in for 6 months now, this is our first Mattamy house after buying from many other builders and I'm really impressed with them. (No I don't work for them LOL).


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Built in appliances
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:50 pm
Posts: 45
Hi,

Can someone share what laundry washer / dryer you purchased for your second floor laundry room? What is the width of the laundry appliance you purchased?can anyone share what is the width of the laundry room door? I think the standard washer width is 27 inches. But there are washers that go up to 30 inches.

Regarding the fridge,has anyone done the actual measurement of the height of the cabinet? The design specification says 71 inches. Anyone measured the actual height to be more than that?

I would gladly appreciate your feedback!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Built in appliances
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:30 pm
Posts: 32
I have Windmere and I was told that I cannot get grande package if I get chef kitchen.
I don't understand why this is? cabinetry is not a structural change anyway.

So what are my options?
All I need is that one big cabinet that will fit a wall oven and built in microwave, can I get this at design center?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Built in appliances
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:34 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:38 pm
Posts: 53
oceanguard wrote:
I have Windmere and I was told that I cannot get grande package if I get chef kitchen.
I don't understand why this is? cabinetry is not a structural change anyway.

So what are my options?
All I need is that one big cabinet that will fit a wall oven and built in microwave, can I get this at design center?


Nope u can't. . Because the chefs kitchen has sink and dishwasher moved towards the wall, there is no space for wall oven and microwave. ..we had the same problem


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Built in appliances
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:30 pm
Posts: 32
There is space from where the cabinet ends until the garden (back) door about 2-3 feet where you do have option to get another pantry if needed.
Did you have this discussion at design center? If they could move the dishwasher from under the last cupboard then there can be space for wall oven there.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Built in appliances
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:38 pm
Posts: 53
oceanguard wrote:
There is space from where the cabinet ends until the garden (back) door about 2-3 feet where you do have option to get another pantry if needed.
Did you have this discussion at design center? If they could move the dishwasher from under the last cupboard then there can be space for wall oven there.


Honestly we did not..u can chk...but they might not cz it'll block the passage to backyard


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Built in appliances
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 3:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:30 pm
Posts: 32
so looking at the layout, the door needs 3 feet to open, there is a total of 6 feet available there.
I'll ask them :)

thanks


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
[ Time : 0.094s | 13 Queries | GZIP : Off ]