HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:32 pm 

I'm curious.. although I know the answer will be no..

Has anyone had past experiences with Mattamy in terms of them doing tweaks/modifications based on your feedback during the framewalk? (i.e: adding double doors, removing framing for a potential wall, etc)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:14 pm 

I highly doubt it as I was not able to make any amendments to an upgrade option 11 months prior to closing.

Connaught Terrace

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:50 pm 

Yep no... it won't happen. Sorry

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:14 pm 

can you ask to change the single switch to 3 way switch? I totally forgot about this :(

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:13 am 

things that will add cost will not happen. if there is an issue, they can fix it. example, if you wanted a phone jack to be located in another part of the bedroom, they may possibly move it. if a light fixture isn't in the correct location, they can move it. adding a switch means more materials which means more money, they won't be able to do anything about that.
i've had them move a door back once for a bedroom as it didn't match up with the floor plan. their mistake. i've had them remove some bulk heads which weren't supposed to be there, move light switches higher as a railing was covering it and had them redo the framing for a closet.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:30 am 

King Luis wrote:
things that will add cost will not happen. if there is an issue, they can fix it. example, if you wanted a phone jack to be located in another part of the bedroom, they may possibly move it. if a light fixture isn't in the correct location, they can move it. adding a switch means more materials which means more money, they won't be able to do anything about that.
i've had them move a door back once for a bedroom as it didn't match up with the floor plan. their mistake. i've had them remove some bulk heads which weren't supposed to be there, move light switches higher as a railing was covering it and had them redo the framing for a closet.

Thanks, King Luis!

Is it too much work to do after closing?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:48 am 

crazy8 wrote:
King Luis wrote:

Thanks, King Luis!

what are you looking to do? anything after closing would probably have to be done by a contractor. i'm sure it's not too hard to go talk to one of the guys already working on other houses and see if they want to do a side job.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:31 pm 

King Luis wrote:
crazy8 wrote:
King Luis wrote:

Thanks, King Luis!

what are you looking to do? anything after closing would probably have to be done by a contractor. i'm sure it's not too hard to go talk to one of the guys already working on other houses and see if they want to do a side job.

3 way switch from main floor to upstairs by the stairs. I should be able to turn on the lights from main then turn it off from upstairs main hall.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:12 pm 

you will get a 3way from the main to the upstairs...we did and didn't pay extra for it.

Renfrew Elevation "G" Hawthorne Village