HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:22 pm 

1) Is there an upgrade option to add an under cabinet hood fan above the stove? How much is it for stainless steel?

2) How much is it to add a built in microwave into the cabinets? Do they provide the microwave for you, or do you have to buy your own and bring it to them while they are installing the cabinets?

Thanks.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:06 pm 

I don't know the cost off the top of my head for over the range stainless steel. The default option is the crappy standard black or white hood range.

If you want to do a microwave, you need to get shorten cabinets then remove the said crappy standard hood range and replace with your own microwave.

Mattamy does offer an upgrade to microwave, which includes the shorten cabinets, for about $800. This is the stainless steel microwave they use

http://www.whirlpool.ca/en_CA/-%5BYWMH3 ... MH31017AS/

You'll save about $150 by doing it yourself.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:27 pm 

crazyfurniture wrote:
1) Is there an upgrade option to add an under cabinet hood fan above the stove? How much is it for stainless steel?

2) How much is it to add a built in microwave into the cabinets? Do they provide the microwave for you, or do you have to buy your own and bring it to them while they are installing the cabinets?

Thanks.

Built in Microwave above the stove is $800 from Mattamy.
Mattamy has an option of microwave cabinet but Microwave is provided by you. I think it's $600
If you have a gas stove, then built in Microwave above stove is waste of money as the appliance is wider and exhaust fan is under sized.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:39 pm 

Thanks. I've done some more research and decided to go with the built in cabinet microwave. But 600$ is quite expensive considering I also have to buy my own microwave for Mattamy to install.
I decided not to go with the microwave over the range simply because I have small kids and it would be too high for them to reach.
I will upgrade the stove hood to stainless steel.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:09 pm 

I checked my design book of my current townhome and its $570 to be exact for cabinet

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:48 pm 

We got over the range microwave option by mattamy...they charged us 725 in 2014.... however we replaced the microwave the very first day as it did not match with other kitchen appliances. ... I still hv it brand new... if anyone is interested they can pm me... I can definitely reduce the price to a good extent.