HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:29 pm 

Hello everyone,

We have our design appt next week and would really appreciate if you can clarify some things for us (i've asked Mattamy, but am still confused a bit):

- AC: Mattamy can't provide us with a make or model. For those who have gone with them or gotten it done afterwards, are you able to tell us the price and install for a 2800 sq ft house? (SERR of about 14 or higher).
- Paint: Mattamy is charging ~$900 for a 2 coat paint in the main floor and common areas upstairs. Does anyone know if it is worth it or better to get it done afterwards? Also an approx cost?
- Gas: $529 for an extra outlet + shut off and plug for electronics of the stove top. Has anyone gotten it done afterwards and the cost?
- Water line: They are charging $250 for water line for fridge with no shut off valve. Do they provide a clean finish (copper or flex), and is shut off required?
- Valence lighting: $1342; If we decide not to go with the builder, what should we ask for (plug + separate switch?). Will they hide the outlet? Also for those who've gotten it done afterwards, what was the cost (about 20')
- Stipple ceiling: We are getting smooth ceiling on main floor in lieu of stipple ceiling. But, there is also an option for knocking down stipple ceiling on ground floor (what is the difference)? Does this mean one has to pay for both these options to get smooth ceiling?
- Does anyone know if they have reasonable prices for faucet upgrades?
- What does Round to deco plates mean for door hardware upgrade options?

I really appreciate the help.

Thank you.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:51 pm 

Sorry forgot to ask

- Does grout color change make a huge difference?
- Also, if one doesn't get the ceiling tiles for bathtub. Does mattamy do the high gloss paint on the ceiling or just regular paint (as that would be a problem long term with moisture).
- Stairs: There is a $1000 difference between maple stairs with T10 picket vs maple stairs with T10/T12 picket. If one were to buy T10 picket option and buy the T12 or similar pickets later, are they easy to change. I just find it absurd that they are charging $1K for adding T12 picket (even though its only going to be every 3rd picket).

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:06 pm 

Have you been in contact with your design consultant? I had Kristen and she was amazing! I would ask her these similar questions and she would reply within one day or same day.
Gas line for stove cost me $400 through Nissan Air and he plug conversion was $35 at Home Depot
Water line for fridge is definitely worth it to have done by mattamy. And I'm not sure why it is listed without shutoff but I got the shutoff. I would highly recommend a shutoff in case of servicing or changing the filter erc.
Valence lighting, I assume under cabinet? We had just done the rough in which gave us the proper junction boxes under the cabinet and a seperate switch to control them. We had the lighting installed after closing.
We upgraded our faucet to a motion sense arbor styl and was about $550
Smooth ceiling is the way to go. I believe knock down stipple is another style
Door hardware deco is a square plate I believe
I believe they do regular paint, have not paid attention to it.. But why are you spraying the ceiling lol!

Hope I helped answer a few of your questions

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:29 pm 

funnyman82 wrote:
Have you been in contact with your design consultant? I had Kristen and she was amazing! I would ask her these similar questions and she would reply within one day or same day.

Our design consultant has been very good, but has given some questionable answers, so i'll doubel check everything when we go in. I have an excel with all the prices, so i'll compare it at the time.

Gas line for stove cost me $400 through Nissan Air and he plug conversion was $35 at Home Depot
Water line for fridge is definitely worth it to have done by mattamy. And I'm not sure why it is listed without shutoff but I got the shutoff. I would highly recommend a shutoff in case of servicing or changing the filter erc.
I'll confirm this with her, it doesn't make sense to not have shut off.

Valence lighting, I assume under cabinet? We had just done the rough in which gave us the proper junction boxes under the cabinet and a seperate switch to control them. We had the lighting installed after closing.
We have the alternate kitchen so its all continuous, so does this mean we just need one junction box/plug and one independent switch.
Who did you use to do your valence lighting and are you able to tell me the cost?

We upgraded our faucet to a motion sense arbor styl and was about $550
Smooth ceiling is the way to go. I believe knock down stipple is another style
Door hardware deco is a square plate I believe
I believe they do regular paint, have not paid attention to it.. But why are you spraying the ceiling lol!

Sorry i meant, if one doesn't' get the ceiling tiles, do they put high gloss paint in washrooms (kitchen and bath paint), as it is more resistant to moisture?

Hope I helped answer a few of your questions

Very helpful. Thank you.

We were also told we couldn't delete the bulk head, but we have an option for uppers in our design book (for our layout; it specifically mentions open concept with alt kitchen), so i'm confused as to how they'd acomodate the uppers without deleting the bulk head?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:10 pm 

For the valence lighting we have 3 seperate sections of cabinet and we put two led pucks below each and was $600 installed. Please note that these are not retail led lights you see at Home Depot etc, but professional grade lighting.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:49 am 

California knock down is an upgrade from stipple (popcorn). Kncockdown has less texture because it is a flattened down popcorn ceiling. But the best is smooth. At least for main floor.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:25 pm 

Thank you for the help.