HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:14 pm 

hey everyone,

we recently went for our architect options and were not happy to find out that we cannot get grande package if we go with chef kitchen.
this really makes no sense since it is "chef kitchen" and is not accommodating built-in appliances.

I don't know what's in grande or if we even need all that stuff. I was only hoping to get built in oven and microwave cabinet.
With separate cooktop stove and chimney hood.

has anyone been able to get just the cabinet for wall oven + microwave with a chef kitchen in Windmere?

Am I expecting a strict no to any modifications at design center?

I am thinking worst case scenario is not to have them do the kitchen and get it done ourselves after closing.
If this is the case will I get any money back?

Thanks

Last edited by linda776 on Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:35 pm 

Read what's in this thread (oceanguard's posts)

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=66896&start=15#p539520

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:57 pm 

Something to think about, with no kitchen the electrician can't complete his job as he has no idea where to put plugs, switches or overhead lights and this needs to done before drywall goes up. Plumbing and water feeds as well.

Remember these Mattamy's are cookie cutter homes. Anything other than what is offered would be a custom kitchen.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:47 pm 

http://mattamyhomes.com/gta/communities/milton-hawthorne-south-village/plans/windmere.aspx

In case you don't have the floor plan. ^

Now bare with me on this, the first 2 pic's are (in our condo) what the builder offered, no changes other than color. The only fridge that would fit was 30". So the plan was move in then redesign the whole thing.

Pic's 3 & 4 are what we did, cost $25,000, that included the Silstone quarts counter but not the appliances.

Your kitchen is bigger but the placement of appliances and sink are very similar.

You need to stay with the kitchen that has the sink and dishwasher in the island. That means the cooktop will go where the stove is and can vent straight out the wall. Built in oven and microwave go beside the fridge. I know you can't deal with the cabinet suppler until after you close so it will be dicey if they can supply & match a 30" lower cabinet to fill in where the stove was. Also I would ask the builder to delete the door into the dinning so you can add (after) more cabinets and have the counter go from the built in oven all the way around to the cooktop. If you go with this last bit it gives you 4 to 5 ft of counter before it turns the corner (I only have 20")(awesome amount of work space).

Me, to avoid any hassle I would go with the cheapest kitchen and rip it out later, keep in mind the sink in the Island and delete the dinning room door.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:18 pm 

Thanks a lot Greenjp. That is great work and looks amazing.
I was curious to know if someone else has been thru the same situation with mattamy.

I guess its at least good to know that if something needs to be done later we can find the same color from the supplier.