HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Kitchen questions help
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:44 pm 

Hi fellow Mattamyrians,

I got the design book today and we have been to the Milton DC. I have some kitchen questions please help. Cranbery Hill sandcherry model.

1- Since we have 9 foot ceilings I want the cabinets to be as tall as possible but do they come in standard sizes for all kitchen packages?

2-Is it possible to increase the height of them to reach the ceiling or do I have to get the stacked cabinets option?

3-If the uppers don't reach the ceiling do they drop the ceiling down?

4-We think we want the grande pack, other than the fridge upper depth what is the fridge gable?

I have no experience with mattamy so any info regarding grande pack vs standard is helpful thanks! I attached some sandcherry kitchens for visual

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 9:43 pm 

cranberyhill wrote:

1- Since we have 9 foot ceilings I want the cabinets to be as tall as possible but do they come in standard sizes for all kitchen packages?
No, they are not standard. I believe the cabinets they install in houses with the 9 foot ceilings are taller than the ones they install in homes with 8 foot ceilings. However, even if they are taller, they won't go to the ceiling, unless they are under a bulk head.

2-Is it possible to increase the height of them to reach the ceiling or do I have to get the stacked cabinets option?
I think adding stacked cabinets is your only option if you want to extend to the ceiling. Mattamy will shorten the main cabinets so there is enough room for the second cabinet, and i think they also add some moulding.

3-If the uppers don't reach the ceiling do they drop the ceiling down?
No, I don't think they can drop your ceiling, that sounds structural, but some kitchens have a bulkhead.

4-We think we want the grande pack, other than the fridge upper depth what is the fridge gable?
Your design book should tell you what each package offers in detail with a diagram. Every kitchen is different, but the grande package usually means fridge gables (the "box" surrounding your fridge) deep uppers (cabinet above fridge extends to be almost flush with the fridge instead of way back), under cabinet valence (doesn't include the lights but the strip of material under the cabinets that hides future lights) and i think the grande package also includes top drawer construction (drawers above every cupboard) and the cut outs for the built in appliances.

Hope this helps

Attachments:
File comment: Google image, Fridge gable, valence, and upper cabinet
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 98.16 KiB | Viewed 3833 times ]

Firm Closing Date: September 14, 2017

Last edited by lalexa on Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 10:41 pm 

Thanks lalexa, it definitely clears up a lot. We have many decisions now. Right now we don't know if we will extend hardwood into kitchen and what level of hardwood. But our kitchen will be white (classic premium) for sure.