HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 9:56 am 

Hello Everyone

We recently bought Tweed End in Phase 4 ( Closing June 2017) - Anyone here who could give us some advise on the architectural changes. Was thinking of the following

- Super Shower for Master Bedroom Only
- Removing Closet in the Third Bedroom ( This debating on this one for a wall to wall Murphy Bed )
- Removing Knee Walls on the Main Floor and if possible to remove the wall in the dining area

Our appointment is coming up in 2 weeks - During this appointment can we also talk to them about extra/bigger windows and Ceiling height , door size etc ? or that is later on ?

Hawthorne North Village | Phase 4
Tweed End | Tudor Elevation |

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 1:03 pm 

Impresso wrote:
Hello Everyone

We recently bought Tweed End in Phase 4 ( Closing June 2017) - Anyone here who could give us some advise on the architectural changes. Was thinking of the following

- Removing Closet in the Third Bedroom ( This debating on this one for a wall to wall Murphy Bed )
- Removing Knee Walls on the Main Floor and if possible to remove the wall in the dining area

Our appointment is coming up in 2 weeks - During this appointment can we also talk to them about extra/bigger windows and Ceiling height , door size etc ? or that is later on ?

I have a different model and chose to upgrade to the super shower in the master ensuite. I've now come to find out that you do not get a recess shelf in the shower, and if there is a half wall, it cannot be deleted, which means if you want one of those sliding glass shower doors (barn door looking type), it is a no can do. Just wanted you know know prior as this may or may not help in your decision making.

As for removing closet / wall / extra windows or bigger windows, unless is a choice you see in the architectural upgrades it's a no can do. No custom changes whats so ever!

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 1:36 pm 

rox272 wrote:
Impresso wrote:
Hello Everyone

I have a different model and chose to upgrade to the super shower in the master ensuite. I've now come to find out that you do not get a recess shelf in the shower, and if there is a half wall, it cannot be deleted, which means if you want one of those sliding glass shower doors (barn door looking type), it is a no can do. Just wanted you know know prior as this may or may not help in your decision making.

As for removing closet / wall / extra windows or bigger windows, unless is a choice you see in the architectural upgrades it's a no can do. No custom changes whats so ever!

We actually didn't get a knee wall in the shower, I think this may depend on your model/elevation?

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 2:08 pm 

rox272 wrote:

Thanks rox272 - that makes sense about no custom changes whats so ever. In regards to the shower, i was wanting a full glass standing shower, with those barn door types. From the upgrade options looks like it is going to be a all wall standing shower with a small entry and glass door is extra.

The real question is how much will all this cost ? Also thinking of upgrading the stairs to hardwood for both the floors - what are your thoughts ?

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 2:09 pm 

HRodrigues wrote:
We actually didn't get a knee wall in the shower, I think this may depend on your model/elevation?

Hey HRodrigues - thanks for your advise. My elevation is Tudor and not quite sure if there is a knee wall in the super shower. However I would also like to remove the Knee Slope Walls near the stairs and upgrade them to rails.

Any thoughts ?

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 8:17 pm 

Thanks rox272 - that makes sense about no custom changes whats so ever. In regards to the shower, i was wanting a full glass standing shower, with those barn door types. From the upgrade options looks like it is going to be a all wall standing shower with a small entry and glass door is extra.

The real question is how much will all this cost ? Also thinking of upgrading the stairs to hardwood for both the floors - what are your thoughts ?[/quote]

Impresso,
I see you are scheduled to move in June 2017. You should be getting your DC book soon. We have a detached scheduled for May 2017 and received our DC book a few weeks ago. The glass shower door depending on the ceiling height for my floor plan which would be similar to yours if you decide to go ahead with the super shower it between $2,014 (8' ceiling) and $2,902 (9' ceiling).
We decided to get the included tiles and standard vanity in lieu of the double vanity and will demo the ensuite as soon as we move in. Lucky for us we have have friends and family that are in the trades so it shouldn't be too difficult to demo and rebuild.

As far as the hardwood stairs, it's really a personal choice and what you can afford. Just know that this is something that is not that easy to change down the road. In our current home, we did pay for the oak stairs and don't regret it at all. But again, it's all about what you can afford. Lucky for us the wood stairs were included in our purchase price this time.

You will quickly notice that upgrades add up and quickly.

I hope this helps with your decision and good luck!

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 1:36 pm 

rox272 wrote:

Impresso,
I see you are scheduled to move in June 2017. You should be getting your DC book soon. We have a detached scheduled for May 2017 and received our DC book a few weeks ago. The glass shower door depending on the ceiling height for my floor plan which would be similar to yours if you decide to go ahead with the super shower it between $2,014 (8' ceiling) and $2,902 (9' ceiling).
We decided to get the included tiles and standard vanity in lieu of the double vanity and will demo the ensuite as soon as we move in. Lucky for us we have have friends and family that are in the trades so it shouldn't be too difficult to demo and rebuild.

As far as the hardwood stairs, it's really a personal choice and what you can afford. Just know that this is something that is not that easy to change down the road. In our current home, we did pay for the oak stairs and don't regret it at all. But again, it's all about what you can afford. Lucky for us the wood stairs were included in our purchase price this time.

You will quickly notice that upgrades add up and quickly.

I hope this helps with your decision and good luck!

Hey rox272 - Thanks for the advise. Dont think we have an option for 9' Ceiling in a 3 Storey Town Home, so I guess we are looking at about $2014. What is confusing is that in the Arch Options, for the Super Shower , they are showing Two Super Showers.

My guess would be its 2K for each super shower and additional, if you want to have full glass and more for wall/floor tiles. We are def going to change the stairs - just planning it out on the wood and costs - also the Pickets instead of the knee walls .