HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:48 pm
Posts: 216
Location: Milton
Hi there,

Just wondering if anyone has gone with Manchester or Toronto cabinets in their kitchen or bathrooms? I believe they're both the same price. I'd love to see pictures! We'll be doing white (classic line) in the kitchen and ensuite and soapstone (viking line) in the main bath, but pictures of any colour would be helpful!

I had pretty much decided on Toronto (left) but now I'm debating on the more simple look of the Manchester cabinet (right)... We went to the Frendel show room last weekend, but they didn't have much on display, I guess because these are cheaper cabinet lines!


Attachments:
Screen Shot 2016-06-09 at 6.09.26 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2016-06-09 at 6.09.26 PM.jpg [ 83.35 KiB | Viewed 2154 times ]

_________________
Lauren and Eric
Hawthorne South Village | Phase 6

Firm Closing Date: September 14, 2017
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:32 pm
Posts: 26
lalexa wrote:
Hi there,

Just wondering if anyone has gone with Manchester or Toronto cabinets in their kitchen or bathrooms? I believe they're both the same price. I'd love to see pictures! We'll be doing white (classic line) in the kitchen and ensuite and soapstone (viking line) in the main bath, but pictures of any colour would be helpful!

I had pretty much decided on Toronto (left) but now I'm debating on the more simple look of the Manchester cabinet (right)... We went to the Frendel show room last weekend, but they didn't have much on display, I guess because these are cheaper cabinet lines!


Toronto is more traditional, Manchester is more modern, depends what you want to do with your kitchen.

_________________
_________________
Closed: April 2016
Hawthorne South Village | Phase 1
Sherkston | French Chateau Elevation


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:40 am
Posts: 5
lalexa wrote:
Hi there,

Just wondering if anyone has gone with Manchester or Toronto cabinets in their kitchen or bathrooms? I believe they're both the same price. I'd love to see pictures! We'll be doing white (classic line) in the kitchen and ensuite and soapstone (viking line) in the main bath, but pictures of any colour would be helpful!

I had pretty much decided on Toronto (left) but now I'm debating on the more simple look of the Manchester cabinet (right)... We went to the Frendel show room last weekend, but they didn't have much on display, I guess because these are cheaper cabinet lines!

Hi Lauren and Eric. Pm me your email for some kitchen pics in Manchester.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:25 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:38 am
Posts: 88
Manchester United over Toronto FC anyday


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:48 pm
Posts: 216
Location: Milton
pymm wrote:

Toronto is more traditional, Manchester is more modern, depends what you want to do with your kitchen.

Yes, exactly! That's the problem, we can't decide what will look best! We got the Chef's kitchen in the Trenton so our kitchen will have a LOT of cupboards to hate if I chose the wrong one! :P I'm hoping to install marble looking quartz countertops and marble backsplash down the road (when I get rich! LOL). I have lots of inspiration photos, and both the plain shaker style cabinets and the more detailed cabinets seem to work.

I'm leaning towards the "Manchester." The fact that I can't find an example of "Toronto" anywhere leads me to believe Toronto isn't too popular. I just noticed Frendel has examples of dark Manchester cabinets online (but no Toronto cabinets), so I would assume they did that for a reason? but it's hard to know without seeing it in a real kitchen!

ana_d wrote:
Hi Lauren and Eric. Pm me your email for some kitchen pics in Manchester.

Thank you so much, Ana!

HanselMugatu wrote:
Manchester United over Toronto FC anyday.

And this is why my husband can't know the names of the cabinets! LOL

_________________
Lauren and Eric
Hawthorne South Village | Phase 6

Firm Closing Date: September 14, 2017


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:32 pm
Posts: 26
This is our version with Manchester type cabinets and marble tiles, just before hood is up and tiles got last seal


Attachments:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg [ 82.75 KiB | Viewed 1853 times ]

_________________
_________________
Closed: April 2016
Hawthorne South Village | Phase 1
Sherkston | French Chateau Elevation
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:48 pm
Posts: 216
Location: Milton
pymm wrote:
This is our version with Manchester type cabinets and marble tiles, just before hood is up and tiles got last seal

Looks awesome! Love the backsplash. I'm 95% sure we're going with Manchester "Winter White" in both Kitchen and Ensuite, and Manchester "Caviar" in the main bath.

Still so many choices to pick before our DC appt!

_________________
Lauren and Eric
Hawthorne South Village | Phase 6

Firm Closing Date: September 14, 2017


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:41 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:32 pm
Posts: 26
lalexa wrote:
pymm wrote:
This is our version with Manchester type cabinets and marble tiles, just before hood is up and tiles got last seal

Looks awesome! Love the backsplash. I'm 95% sure we're going with Manchester "Winter White" in both Kitchen and Ensuite, and Manchester "Caviar" in the main bath.

Still so many choices to pick before our DC appt!


Thanks! Good choice with Winter White, and yes, enjoy the DC appt, and don't be afraid to talk to Mattamy reps, they are wonderful and great at helping your choices as well as getting smart upgrades. Having said that there are obvious things you want to get with 3rd party. (for example don't get humidifier through Mattamy, but get AC people to install it). Christina was our rep and she was fantastic.

_________________
_________________
Closed: April 2016
Hawthorne South Village | Phase 1
Sherkston | French Chateau Elevation


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
[ Time : 0.164s | 13 Queries | GZIP : Off ]