HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Mattamy Stone Exterior
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:44 pm 

Does anyone know where mattamy gets their stone from that they use on exteriors?

what company do they get it from

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:20 pm 

I do not know this information, but I think your Customer Care Coordinator might be the best person to ask.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:49 am 

Just to clarify - it is artificial stone that is used.

I know, most people know this already BUT - I say this because real stone siding would be 5 to 10 times the cost of artificial stone and IMO when homes are listed for sale then they should correctly specify "artificial stone" not "stone" if it is mentioned as a feature of the home. Mark my words - One day, this will bite a realtor in the ass for mis-representing a home where the buyer took the listing information verbatim / literally and found out after purchase that their new "stone" front home was really a man made product.

It's like calling a Cadillac a Roll Royce. They are both luxury cars and both could be considered nice but a Cadillac is not a Rolls.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:36 am 

Halton Home Inspector wrote:

I know, most people know this already BUT - I say this because real stone siding would be 5 to 10 times the cost of artificial stone and IMO when homes are listed for sale then they should correctly specify "artificial stone" not "stone" if it is mentioned as a feature of the home. Mark my words - One day, this will bite a realtor in the ass for mis-representing a home where the buyer took the listing information verbatim / literally and found out after purchase that their new "stone" front home was really a man made product.

It's like calling a Cadillac a Roll Royce. They are both luxury cars and both could be considered nice but a Cadillac is not a Rolls.

good point... one can also make that same claim when they say "Hardwood" on the main floor is included,when it really is "Engineered Hardwood"... Big difference!!!

Renfrew Elevation "G" Hawthorne Village

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:07 am 

eblaz wrote:

good point... one can also make that same claim when they say "Hardwood" on the main floor is included,when it really is "Engineered Hardwood"... Big difference!!!

The difference is engineered hardwood still has a layer of hardwood, and is generally a MORE desirable and expensive option. Now if you were talking about wood laminate I could understand the comparison.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:01 pm 

Burrcold wrote:

The difference is engineered hardwood still has a layer of hardwood, and is generally a MORE desirable and expensive option. Now if you were talking about wood laminate I could understand the comparison.

Interesting comparison and one could consider formed concrete that looks like stone as real stone but there is a huge difference, especially in the cost.

A real stone exterior costs significantly more than an artificial stone and takes skilled masons days, often weeks to complete a job like the front of a home. Meticulous details are taken to do the job well.

Don't misunderstand Burrcold. I have no problem with artificial stone and in developments it would be impossible to build homes with real stone. My only assertion is that one day a realtor or realtors will pay dearly because a "beautiful home with stone walls" that they sell does not have stone walls.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:23 pm 

Burrcold wrote:

Interesting comparison and one could consider formed concrete that looks like stone as real stone but there is a huge difference, especially in the cost.

A real stone exterior costs significantly more than an artificial stone and takes skilled masons days, often weeks to complete a job like the front of a home. Meticulous details are taken to do the job well.

Don't misunderstand Burrcold. I have no problem with artificial stone and in developments it would be impossible to build homes with real stone. My only assertion is that one day a realtor or realtors will pay dearly because a "beautiful home with stone walls" that they sell does not have stone walls.

I completely agree with you. My comments were towards eblaz. If money wasn't an issue, I would much rather a real stone exterior. Whereas regardless of money I would still choose an engineered hardwood over a solid hardwood.