HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:09 pm 

Hi guys

Mattamy is charging me $483 for the electrical rough in for the valence lighting. This only includes the electrical and a switch. We already have the valence inmost kitchen package so that's not an issue and we are not getting backsplash.

I just want to know if it's worth it for that price through mattamy or can we get it for a lot cheaper with lights after closing?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:29 am 

I came across that option too during my DC appointment. I took the valence rough-in as I have the back splash also
This valence has a separate switch now and after the closing you will tie-in with the existing switch. It could be same amount of work unless you have a quote from an electrician. Your call

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:54 am 

It also depends on how your cabinets are set up. Do you have one continuous run of cabinets? Or are they split by a sink, stove or fridge etc? If so, you would need to some how run the wiring behind the walls to get to the separate cabinets.

We had the rough in completed at our house. We had one switch installed and a seperate junction box below each bank of cabinets. This way all you have to do is attach your valence lighting and connect it to the junction box and all of them turn on with one switch.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:03 am 

I took the valance light rough in and the lights too. I think I paid $900+ for it. I have seen it in many houses and I think its totally worth it. Just gives the kitchen a very different look. But then again its a personal preference. Some people prefer ceiling lights/pot lights over this.

Cell: 647-787-0000