HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 640 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:23 am 

ssqmm wrote:
Hi patrob,

My questions are similar to Shk. I got the exact same model and my closing is in September 2015. I realize that hardwood holds more value than laminate but I'm curious to know the pricing for both on my second floor level. All areas need to be in hardwood/laminate besides the laundry room and both bathrooms. A low to high range for engineered hardwood and laminate would be greatly appreciated. Also a breakdown of the cost in terms of installation/labour/materials would be great too.

Another question is.. for the oak stairs do you recommend any good carpet runners that don't take away the beauty of the stairs? I have really small kids and i'm afraid when they start learning how to walk they might slip on them if they are wearing socks. I've had an experience in the past where I fell down the stairs.. ouch.

Thank you!

You can install a carpet runner if you prefer but if you decide to take it off later on once kids get older, you will be left with some holes and some damage to the stairs so you might have to refinish the treads. I found that sometimes stairs with carpets tend to be more slippery than without. Will send you more info.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:57 pm 

We are looking to move into a Heathwood townhome to live then sell within a year. I would love to remove the carpet ground floor, stairs and upstairs to put in a hand scraped laminate. Approx 3.50 sq ft. What are your concerns if any about laminate and how do we match the stairs up with laminate? We are not looking to spend a ton so any advice would be appreciated. Can u or will u give referrals?
Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:47 pm 

Namkia wrote:
We are looking to move into a Heathwood townhome to live then sell within a year. I would love to remove the carpet ground floor, stairs and upstairs to put in a hand scraped laminate. Approx 3.50 sq ft. What are your concerns if any about laminate and how do we match the stairs up with laminate? We are not looking to spend a ton so any advice would be appreciated. Can u or will u give referrals?
Thanks

You mean you have 350 sq ft of all floor to do or price of the laminate is $3.50 sq ft?? If you are not looking to spend a lot of money then you have to forget about changing your carpeted stairs to hardwood since that will be very $$$! Stick to only main floor as that will give the biggest impact but might be a better investment if you go with lower priced hardwood vs laminate as many home buyers "perceive" laminate as a cheap makeover & people much rather see hardwood floors instead. Are you planning to install the laminate yourself?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:51 pm 

I posted this question another thread before finding this one which seems more appropriate. Does anyone know if Mattamy offers Engineered hard wood? If so, what are the prices like per square ft. ?
Thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:17 pm 

crazyfurniture wrote:
I posted this question another thread before finding this one which seems more appropriate. Does anyone know if Mattamy offers Engineered hard wood? If so, what are the prices like per square ft. ?
Thanks.

They always offered Vintage solid sawn engineered unless something changed.

Their prices were always higher than if you were to install the same floors after closing. Unless you already have standard hardwood included and just want to upgrade, then go with the builder otherwise it will cost less to do it after closing. That's how builders make $$$!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:18 pm 

Thank you so much Patrob. Currently Mattamy includes laminate in my living/dining room and carpet on the stairs and all throughout the upstairs. I would like to replace these with the most basic hardwood I can find. In total it's about 600 sq ft plus the stairs. Can you suggest any installers in the Toronto area who I can contact for quotes?

Also should I ask Mattamy to install carpet in the areas that I will have laminate. Maybe this will be easier to rip out before installing the hardwood after closing?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:27 pm 

crazyfurniture wrote:
Thank you so much Patrob. Currently Mattamy includes laminate in my living/dining room and carpet on the stairs and all throughout the upstairs. I would like to replace these with the most basic hardwood I can find. In total it's about 600 sq ft plus the stairs. Can you suggest any installers in the Toronto area who I can contact for quotes?

Also should I ask Mattamy to install carpet in the areas that I will have laminate. Maybe this will be easier to rip out before installing the hardwood after closing?

Laminate is fairly easy to remove and you could still re-use it in the basement etc. (if gently removed). I highly recommend to upgrade the stairs to hardwood through the builder, comes out cheaper than after closing. You can try to ask them to install carpet vs laminate (unless it's in the kitchen) but iI have a feeling they might refuse lol But you'll be fine if they install laminate.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:23 pm 

Hi everyone,

We're thinking about choosing a grayish colour hardwood through mattamy.
It's between Rocky Coast Red Oak and Gray's Harbour Oak

Has anyone chosen either of these?
Any pictures to share?

One of these is in the Milton Design Centre but hard to imagine what it looks like in an actual home.

Also, any thoughts on the gray colours vs dark from a maintenance standpoint?
Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:25 pm 

Sting wrote:
Hi everyone,

We're thinking about choosing a grayish colour hardwood through mattamy.
It's between Rocky Coast Red Oak and Gray's Harbour Oak

Has anyone chosen either of these?
Any pictures to share?

One of these is in the Milton Design Centre but hard to imagine what it looks like in an actual home.

Also, any thoughts on the gray colours vs dark from a maintenance standpoint?
Thanks!

I'm not exactly familiar with those particular colours but grey colours in general are very popular now so you can't go wrong. We have dark brown floors so you can see dust/breadcrumbs etc on it right away. So all off these would be less visible on grey colour floor especially the dust lol But whether you go with grey or dark brown floors, those are two very popular choices :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:45 am 

Hi patrob, you guys still doing floors? I'd like to discuss and book for later this yr again (you guys did my downstairs, I wanna do upstairs now)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 640 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43