HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:31 pm 

I've been watching these video series for the past week or so and thought I'd share it here.

It's a 70 video critical look at the fundamentals of paleo and other low carb logic as offered by its leading proponents. Below is a link to part 1.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egqf7k5L ... plpp_video

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:05 pm 

Paleo isn't for me I've tried it and my carb cravings doubled when I went off of it - also find it very high in fat - might work for some but I am having better results on a low fat eating regime.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:15 am 

Have been watching this section of the forum and thought I would post.

Great work to everyone meeting their health and wellness goals. It can be very difficult at time but the end results are well worth it.

When my wife and I started making the change in Jan. 2011 we followed the G.I. Diet and Clean Eating. Along with exercise and daily activity we were able to meet and exceed our expectations. What we like about those diets were that the food we ate filled us up. We were not craving more. The carbs that you do eat are the slow release carbs such as chick peas etc. so you feel full.

End result, I was down 80 lbs in 4 months and the wife is down about 110 in 1 1/2 years.

Keep up the great work everyone.

Chris

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:13 pm 

To all gluten-free and paleo diners, Primal Cravings is now open in Milton.

It's take out of beautiful, freshly made baked good and meals, many choices.

Primal Cravings is @ 17 Wilson Dr. Unit #2 (still has red Medalion sign above it, but changing). That's off Main St. at Wilson.

Try it out. I'm sure you'll love it too!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:23 pm 

If you want to get in on preparing meals yourself and have some fun, the next Primal Cravings cooking class is Sunday, February 3rd from 1:00pm-5:00pm.

Participants take part in pulling together their own three meals, lead by the instructor. There will be three very different dishes created. All groceries/ingredients/cooking tools are provided. Your choice if you pack your meals up into 4 or 6 servings per dish. Everything freezes well.

Registration starts now and a deposit of $100.00 must be made upon registration and the balance paid before January 31st. The total for the cooking class and taking away up to 18 meals is $219.00.

Space is limited to 6 learning Paleo chefs. Two spots are taken as I post. You may drop by the restaurant to register with cash deposit or request an online Paypal invoice to pay with credit card.

Also, check out the Facebook wall for details, feedback and some of the tasty meals and treats!

https://www.facebook.com/PrimalCravingsTakeOut

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:39 am 

Milton Primal Cravings location closed! Crap!

There's one in Burlington, opened last year, different owners I think. Why can't Milton support interesting stuff like this? Surprised it closed, it always seemed busy, however basic with sub-optimal location. Are they reopening anywhere in town?