HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Nona's Weekly Weigh-in
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:18 am 

I've decided to start doing weekly weigh-ins here again. It was helping before. I'm going a little bit more hard core this time. Cutting out processed foods completely, and making myself do an hour workout per day. My goal is to lose 5lbs each month for the next year.

It is difficult to post these numbers, but I started out in September at 210 lbs :oops: and am now at 204. I'll post an update once a week in this thread.

Feel free to kick my virtual butt if I slack off!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:22 am 

Good stuff - start the year off with a bang - Good Luck!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:43 pm 

Thanks. Good to know it's not just me and the spammers here.

I ended the year with a bang, actually. :) Thought it best to start on a Monday.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:53 pm 

Others are here :)

Glad to hear you are doing well. :)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:47 am 

Thanks Soupy! Had a little setback this week. Two days into the new routine I got injured. Not exercise related, just a freak accident. Might put me out for two weeks as far as exercise goes (although I still plan to do some upper body strength workouts starting again tomorrow).

So this weeks weigh in is pretty much all from better eating. The results are decent though: down 3lbs to 201. It'll be nice to crack 200 next week.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:30 am 

Injuries suck...I have had so many of them. I'm getting tired of it...I do something new and something else happens...very frustrating.

I had big plans over Christmas break to get back on track...and then...I was sick...the entire time...not fun.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:48 am 

Soupy wrote:
Injuries suck...I have had so many of them. I'm getting tired of it...I do something new and something else happens...very frustrating.
That does sound frustrating. When I was young and fit I could bounce back from injury quickly (too quickly probably - I'd just work through the pain). Now that I'm old and out of shape I figure I should let everything heal well before starting up again. I'm doing much better though. No real pain anymore, just some aching now and then. Going to give it another 3-4 days of rest and then start some cardio. Will stick to upper body and limited core strength training only for another 2 weeks though I think.

Soupy wrote:
I had big plans over Christmas break to get back on track...and then...I was sick...the entire time...not fun.
Pick a date and get back on track with me!

This weekend was terrible (food-wise) so my weigh in isn't what I hoped: 200. At least I'm guaranteed to be below 200 next week!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:25 pm 

Good for you Nona...way to get back on track. The hard part of my recovery from Knee replacement is over so I hope to be more active now. My goal during my recovery was to NOT gain any weight whilst I was so inactive and I believe I have accomplished that. I don't do numbers, but clothes did not tighten at all and some feel a little looser :)

Keep up the good work Nona, I look forward to reading your journey :)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:18 am 

Thanks fstydiva! Glad your recovery has gone so well. Hope you start to feel like your regular self (with new and improved knees of course) and can ease into an exercise routine soon. I was literally sitting on the couch doing bicep curls and so on for the first week after I got hurt.

Finally cracked 200. Just by a lb though. I'm at 199. Ideally I would like to lose 2lbs a week so I feel like I've got to step it up a bit, but I said at the outset I wanted to lose 5lbs a month for the next year so I guess I've met my January goals!

Jan 1: 204lbs Jan 20: 199lbs

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:23 pm 

Well I was sick again this weekend...ended up going to Emergency...and ended up having three gall stones removed. What a mess. But I am home now thank god...I was soooooo bored there! Was there from Sunday afternoon to Tuesday late morning...crapola!! I have to get my stomach back but I'm not allowed to eat much of anything now :)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:50 am 

That's too bad Soupy. Hope you're feeling better. I find it hard to keep on track when the weekends are abnormal. If we're away or someone is sick or if my husband goes in to work for part of the weekend it can really throw the week off. Mostly for meal planning. I need Sundays to cook some healthy stuff so its easy later in the week when we're running around with the kids activities. This week was decent though. 2lbs lost. Down to 197. Some of my pants are starting to fall down :oops: I might have to put my favourite jeans in the dryer for a while and hope they shrink a bit. :D

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:17 pm 

Good for you :) It's good to have your pants feel so much better :)

Once I see the surgeon this week, I am going to make a specific plan for my food. I can't eat anything fried or fattening..so I'm totally limited :) I am eating bread, eggs, fruit, pasta (no sauce), and some cookies from the health food aisle! Oh..and my new drink of choice...gaterade..barf...:) But I don't have a choice...I don't want to go through that pain again!!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:02 am 

For sure. I've been wearing things this week that I haven't worn in a while because they were too snug. Feels great. 196 this week. I'm slacking a bit now. Have to reboot but this week is going to be a busy/stressful one. We'll see how it goes.

How is your food plan coming? Why gatorade? Is water ok too?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:16 pm 

Blah. Rough week. I knew it would be. Should have had a better attitude going in though. Probably gained back a lb or 2. Aiming for a decent showing for next week!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:28 pm 

Gaterade gives me the electrolytes. When I couldn't really eat anything, it was good for me. I'm still drinking it though because it's the only flavoured thing I can drink other than the water. I usually drink water at work...and then have some gaterade at home for dinner. I'm much more self disciplined at work because I only take certain things and there's no other options for me :) I have lost 15 lbs since last year at this time...so that's good considering I lost then I'm sure gained back more than I was last year at this time!