HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Adverts Smadverts
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:07 pm 

I thought there was an advertising section for a reason?? I guess all of the people advertising their own businesses etcetera don't bother reading what this particular section is about. Personally used to enjoy popping in here, can't remember the last time I was here before today because I can't stand having to wade through all of the stinking ads. Maybe I will just start posting in the advert section instead since it is obviously under utilized....and yes, thank you I am having a grouchy day! My vent is done!

Post subject: Re: Adverts Smadverts
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:29 pm 

hehe, ive already made rant thread on exact same topic, the few times i do pop in i dont want everything to be a new ad :/ Get one of the actives here with good reputation to offer Rick to mod the section, that way they can clean up the ads as they come.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:17 pm 

Strik3rr wrote:
hehe, ive already made rant thread on exact same topic, the few times i do pop in i dont want everything to be a new ad :/ Get one of the actives here with good reputation to offer Rick to mod the section, that way they can clean up the ads as they come.

Oh I would so love to do that as I have zero tolerance as you may have already noticed... Lol. I'd pop in regularly for that :-)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:54 pm 

Strik3rr wrote:

I've been a moderator for the last several weeks & try to keep the ads off of here as I find it really annoying too. Feel free to continue flagging them, I try to patrol them as often as I can, though there are some posts that Rick allows if they pertain to health & wellness and for example a charity. :D

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:06 am 

stilldeciding wrote:
Strik3rr wrote:

I've been a moderator for the last several weeks & try to keep the ads off of here as I find it really annoying too. Feel free to continue flagging them, I try to patrol them as often as I can, though there are some posts that Rick allows if they pertain to health & wellness and for example a charity. :D

Charity is different than someone blabbing on about how great their product and I need to contact them now for more details, IMHO

BTW, depending on what you flag, you are prone to receiving sarcastic PM's from the OP telling you how thankful they are for your assistance and they didn't know better since they were a newbie. Wow (time for my sarcasm) whatI take from thatis newbie=can't read section description