HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 3:41 pm 

Quick Tip:

If you are planning on refinancing or adding a home equity line of credit for debt consolidation or to renovate. You can refinance up to 80% of the value of your home. The "Value" is the key word here. Its not what MLS listings show, or what your neighboor sais its worth. It almost always comes down to what the appraised value comes in at. Certain factors that can impact this value will be based on general conditions of your home or any upgrades that drive positive value. The appraisal company will always look at data of what has acutally sold in your area in recent months. With that said, seasonality can drive the value up and down. Now that we are coming out of slumpy winter markets, the prices of homes are starting to increase. This will help get you a better appraised value for your home so you can draw out the equity you need.

I can help,

Nick Choukour | TD Canada Trust | Manager Residential Mortgages | nick.choukour@td.com
| tel: 647.201.8171 fax: 1.866.459.4526
My webpage: http://mms.tdcanadatrust.com/nick.choukour/

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 7:02 am 

Thanks Nick, your note is very timely. Are there specific appraisal companies we should be looking at?

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 4:17 pm 

bd10 wrote:
Thanks Nick, your note is very timely. Are there specific appraisal companies we should be looking at?

My apologies for the late response. It really comes down to the company the bank or lender uses. It is a 3rd party unbiased opinion.

This is why the time of the year may have an impact on the apprasied value you get back. Stronger markets with higher prices will result in higher appraisals.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact me directly at my email. I do not login to this site on a daily basis.

Thanks

Nick Choukour | TD Canada Trust | Manager Residential Mortgages | nick.choukour@td.com
| tel: 647.201.8171 fax: 1.866.459.4526
My webpage: http://mms.tdcanadatrust.com/nick.choukour/