HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Kitchen Countertops.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 1:25 pm 
I have sent out emails to about 10 companies asking for quotes on kitchen countertops. If anybody is intrested let me know and we can see if we can get a deal if we do more then 1 house.

So far the best quote has been from buschegranite.com

Post subject: Re: Kitchen Countertops.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 7:26 pm 

Anonymous wrote:
I have sent out emails to about 10 companies asking for quotes on kitchen countertops. If anybody is intrested let me know and we can see if we can get a deal if we do more then 1 house.

It was me who made this post I didn't realize the I wasn't logged in. :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 8:28 pm 

We'll be visiting Bushe Granite on the 29th of this month. I'll find out what kind of a discount we can get then.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 10:34 am 
Dory & Arman wrote:

Hi there,

If the price is right, you can count us in.

Thanks,

We visited Ani at Busche Granite yesterday and they are going to be the ones to do our kitchen. Ani was friendly and professional and if you’re intested in any granite work then visit http://www.buschegranite.com/

I have asked them if they would be interested in a group buy for hawthornevillager.com as soon as they reply I will post here.

And remember this just isn’t kitchens, they do any granite work. (You should see the fireplace in the showroom it’s unbelievable!)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 1:31 pm 

Anonymous wrote:
Dory & Arman wrote:

Hi there,

If the price is right, you can count us in.

Thanks,

We visited Ani at Busche Granite yesterday and they are going to be the ones to do our kitchen. Ani was friendly and professional and if you’re intested in any granite work then visit http://www.buschegranite.com/

I have asked them if they would be interested in a group buy for hawthornevillager.com as soon as they reply I will post here.

And remember this just isn’t kitchens, they do any granite work. (You should see the fireplace in the showroom it’s unbelievable!)

Whoops I did it as guest again...

Anyways, Ani will do a discount on the square footage if we do a group buy. Again the size of the discount depends on the number of people involved.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 7:01 am 

Polar wrote:
Hi There, just wondering if you all are still doing this and if I could get in on this deal, even though my place is in Upper Glen Abbey Greens in Oakville. I don't close until Sept 06 though. But I'd be intrested in a granite or concrete countertops.

Polar

I really don't think it matters where you are or when you close. Just as long as you're on a list with the rest of us we should get a break.

Take a look at the website or visit the showroom and get an idea of what you want to do. Ani is great and I'm sure you'll love what they have to offer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 6:54 pm 

Does that include the "fake" counter top...I don't know how to spell it...Cor.e.on?

Tim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 8:05 am 

Tim&Sandra wrote:
Does that include the "fake" counter top...I don't know how to spell it...Cor.e.on?

Tim

There have been a few others that have shown interest in that product. I'm pretty sure that the granite place just does granite, but we can always start a group buy for the corion if we have a few people interested

Post subject: Granite group buy
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 9:33 pm 
Hi, Tim.
We just purchased in Hawthorne Village, Phase 12. Are you still going forward with this group buy?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 1:23 pm 

Hi Harold,

We are most likely going to ask Mattamy to put Corian in for us.
I really don't like the counter top colors that AYA provides.
There is so little choice compare to Canac. :cry:
(I was very disapointed)

It is one of the select grade of corian so the lesser of the bunch.
Oh well, our last structural is this thursday (dec 16)

Sandra

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 12:02 pm 
Anonymous wrote:

Dear Anonymous. I am currenty purchasing a new Mattamy home in your area. I am a sales representative for Stone Edge Marble and Granite in North York. We specialize in the fabrication of custom granite countertops in new and older homes. I am purchasing The "Shady Glen" in Hawthorne Village and plan on incorporating granite all over my newhome. I would be more than happy to assist you in you custom stonework. We are doing wok for many new builder in and around the G.T.A. One builder is also in Milton " PitfordHill Homes". Please give me a call if you would loke to meet with me for a quote. (416) 880-6403. I would be more than happy to visit you at your home to show you several sample that will suit your decorating ideas. For all those interested in Corian. It is just as expensive as Granite and it is not the real thing. There are thousands of colours and styles of granite. Corian is limited in its choices.

Gary D
Stone Edge Marble and Granite

Post subject: i'd be interested
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 3:44 pm 

hello everyone,

depending on the kind of discount we can get, i would be interested.

I'm kind of on the fence on this one...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:05 pm 

What about a material that Mattamy offers called "Zodiac". Looks like granite but better???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 3:05 pm 

Zodiac by Dupont is a great product. It is a brand of quartz-surfacing made from a blend of crushed quartz, pigments and plastic resins. It has the look of natural stone but is much more durable and resists scratches and scorching. It is also non-porous so it resists stains and bacteria and doesn't require sealing like granite, marble, etc. Other brands of quartz-surfacing include Silestone by Consentino and Cambria (Mattamy only offers Zodiac.) Some of the display kitchens at the Aya showroom have quartz-surfacing counters.

There are also solid-surfacing products like Dupont's Corian which Mattamy offers. This is a great product too but has a different look than quartz-surfacing and scratches. A benefit of Corian is that it is seamless; Zodiac will have seams like granite.

Zodiac pricing is comparable to granite. To give you an idea, Zodiac colours are classified into three groups - Group 1 Zodiac pricing is roughly the same as Group 3 granite; Group 2 Zodiac - Group 5 granite; Group 3 Zodiac - Group 6 granite (Mattamy's pricing).

It is definitely worth looking into as an alternative to granite. I will most likely have my kitchen counter changed to quartz surfacing after we move in.

http://www.zodiaq.com
http://www.silestoneusa.com