HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 12:56 pm 

What size of AC does one need for 3855 sft home - any ideas!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 9:50 am 

Thanks, Hanif/Michelle

I just sent you a reply.

Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:17 pm 

and the sale wud continue forever

Post subject: Re: Royal Comfort AC
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:06 am 

lalvineet wrote:
Does anyone have any experience dealing with Royal Comfort regarding AC installation. I spoke to Frank and apparently he has a good deal on Armstrong and American Standard units. I am looking for referrals for Royal Comfort before I decide.

I spoke to Frank too and his price was good but if you are looking for American Standard units, Craig can easily beat his price. That's why I went with Craig. Also alot of people on this forum have gone with Craig as well and nothing but good feedback about Craig. :D

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:32 am 

lalvineet wrote:
Mr. Khan...sorry I found Craig's charges higher. I dont doubt his technical expertise though.

If you show Craig what you got from Frank, he will match it. Also make sure you are getting the latest model unit 4A7A. There are 3 different types of 3 ton units. There's a R-22 unit (2A7A) and 2 different R-410A units (4A7B and 4A7A). 4A7B is an old unit and 4A7A is a new one. Make sure you are comparing apples to apples and not just price.

2A7A- cheapest
4A7B is cheaper than 4A7A.

Quote:
Why 410A?
Refrigerant 410A was developed to replace refrigerant 22 because R-22 is being phased out due to its ozone depletion potential. R-410A has no ozone depletion potential but does have a higher global warming potential. However, according to experts, the overall global warming potential with R-410A should decrease because of its higher efficiency reducing power plant emissions.

Quote:
As of January 2010 the standard refrigerant used in most all residential HVAC systems, R-22 (freon), will no longer be allowed to be used when manufacturing new equipment. This government mandate came to be after recognizing how this refrigerant R-22 was harmful to our planet’s ozone layer due to its properties of chlorine. Another part of this EPA mandate will include the complete phase out of all manufacturing of the R-22 refrigerant with no production or importation beginning in 2020.

A new refrigerant which does not contain chlorine is currently being manufactured and installed in many new systems. This new refrigerant is called R-410a and also goes by other trade names such as Puron and Prozone.

The cost of the old R-22 is increasing as the new R-410a becomes more and more popular but should not be outrageous for a few years. This mean its time to replace your HVAC system that you should strongly consider going with R-410a as it will be available in years to come as R-22 phases out. What it really boils down to is that if you install a new R-22 air conditioning system in the year 2008 you will only be able to get the R-22 refrigerant for your system until the year 2020 and refrigerant repairs could become very costly as the demand for R-22 decreases and the cost increases.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:57 am 

lalvineet wrote:
Thanks for the heads up. I'll make sure its 4A7A. My understanding was that Craig was doing 2A7A fir 2500 for 3 ton 13 seer

Never hurts to call him and ask. Provide him with Franks quote and see what he can do. I did and I'm glad I did. You can tell him that Rocky sent you. :D

Post subject: AC Group Buy
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:15 pm 

To all Hathorne Village Home Owners

When selecting a HVAC contractor price is not the most important thing. Many Contractors use unlicenced installers (handyman type) who work for cheap and or use the incorrect materials. I inspected a AC installation last week that was done by one of my competitors. The 3.0ton unit was installed using 3/4 inch copper when the installation of that 3.0 ton unit must have 7/8inch copper therefore it will starve the compressor eventually causing premature failure. I could use unqualified installers with no refigeration licence or ODP card and save about $200.00 on the installation. For us we stand behind the product and installation. We do NOT use subcontractors but only our own employees who are fully licenced and insured technicians. Did you know that 70% of all AC's installed in Ontario are either over or undercharged with freon? The electrical hook up of these AC's is also extremly important as the proper gauge of wire and breaker must be correct or the results could be deadly.

When doing your reasearch on selecting contractor please keep these things in mind. We have been installing units in the Hawthorne Village area for the past 4 years and can provide you with a long list of our satisfied customers that have no service issues or complaints.

Sorry Jimal we will be back to install your Honeywell TrueSteam, things are a little crazy now.

Best Regards,

Craig Newhouse
Four Season Comfort Heating & Cooling

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:34 pm 

keetcha wrote:
Do you take over the furnace warranty as well? I heard that once you make any changes it voids your warranty. Not sure if this is true or not.

Shaleni

This is true, so I'm curious to know the answer as well. I won't go with anyone unless they take over my furnace warranty after they've modified it to add A/C.