HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Good Deal for a AC unit
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:05 am 

Hi Mark,

When selecting a contractor to install a AC unit, price should not be the determing factor. There are many short cuts that can be made during the installation process to cheapen the cost of installation of a AC unit. When choosing a brand of a central AC, the quality of the unit is important but the installation process is equally if not more important.
Please do your research when selecting a contractor as there are many fly by night guys out there who install your AC unit and they are gone tommorow.

Best Regards,

Craig Newhouse
www.fourseasoncomfort.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:05 am 
Hi Mark,
I got mine from Royal Comfort. I was just writing a feedback for them here while you asked . They have Very good pricing. I didn't get charge extra for Electrical Safety Inpection, Winter cover and ... I got American Standard unit and I like it. If you want their number you should be able to find it here. I don't have it right now with me. Goodluck!

Steven

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:10 am 

SF wrote:
Hi Mark,
I got mine from Royal Comfort. I was just writing a feedback for them here while you asked . They have Very good pricing. I didn't get charge extra for Electrical Safety Inpection, Winter cover and ... I got American Standard unit and I like it. If you want their number you should be able to find it here. I don't have it right now with me. Goodluck!

Steven

Do you work for Royal Comfort by chance? You are certainly going out of your way to promote them.
Best of Luck,
Craig Newhouse
www.fourseasoncomfort.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:15 am 
I noticed that you just got a replied from Craig while I was writing down for you. Sounds like he is pretty fast on top of the story!!

the reason I didn't get the unit from Craig was first he doesn't have an office or he doesn't want to write it down anywhere. Second is that, he is not in BBB by some reason, Maybe he is new or he cannot afford being their member or...

However, He is right about researching about the Company you buy from.

S

Post subject: Sorry to offend you.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:35 am 

Hi Steven,

Im sorry that I offended you. I think you should use this discussion board for what it is intended for, not to pretend you are a homeowner to promote your company. With over 400 installations in the Milton area we have built a solid reputation by providing excellent sevice to our customers. We have many references on this board which can be viewed by clicking here
http://www.hawthornevillager.com/phpbb/ ... hp?t=24763

Best Regards,

Craig Newhouse
Four Season Comfort Heating & Cooling

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:51 am 

Craig's company came with MANY raving reviews...and he was very profressional, friendly and provided peace of mind with great service at the forefront. We chose to use Craig's company and can't wait for our A/C install.

Highly recommended.

Post subject: ESA Permit
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:41 am 

Hi Chris,

Every central AC or appliance installed in the province of Ontario which is connected to the electrical panel must have a ESA permit drawn. It is a direct expense to the contractor. Some contractors choose to charge for the ESA permit which is clearly shown on each invoice to ensure a permit is drawn and some contractors include the ESA in their pricing. Unfortunately some contractors do not draw permits for all electrical work being done. This is why it is recommended to do your research in selecting a contractor and get everything in writing! Please PM me if you require any further information.

Best Regards,

Craig Newhouse
Four Season Comfort Heating & Cooling

Post subject: Humidifier
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:24 pm 

I have high velocity furnace in my house which is about 3 years old and now I am getting central AC installed.

Do I have to get humidifier or not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:06 pm 

Can I increase the humidity with my high velocity furnace?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:14 pm 

The high velocity furnace works with water system which produces humidity also and thats why there was no need to get humidifier with the central AC!!

Tell me if I am wrong :)