HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:53 pm 

We are now looking around for appliances and just wondering where everyone got theirs from? So far we have compared our kitchen appliances to a few places and Lowes seems to be the cheapest.

Who did you purchase from?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:47 pm 

Sears price matches written quotes (even if it is on the back of a business card) from most Authorized Dealers. I suggest Sears because the Service (warranty) is top-notch as we had to use it couple of times. Now this was back in 2005. Since then I have heard Goemans having great prices as well but not sure about their service...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:21 am 

Appliance Canada - Sales guys aren't the friendliest - but I wasn't going there to make new friends...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:05 am 

We purchased all our major appliances from Goemans by the 403/Dundas area in Oakville. They also price match, although that wasn't the only reason we went with them. Most of the staff we talked to there were very knowledgeable about the products, nor were they biased to one brand. We also wanted specific brands which Appliance Canada didn't offer. We were also considering Sears except for the fact that you have to pay EVERYTHING up front or go through their credit services. We liked the fact that at Goemans you pay a deposit (I believe 30%) on signing and the balance shortly before delivery (or you can also do their credit option...I'm not familiar with it so I can't give you details). Their extended warranty program (if you choose to purchase it) allows you to use the money spent on credit for a purchase in their store should you go the term without using it.

We did have an issue with our washer and dryer - they were scratched/dented during shipping. Customer service called us a week before to inform us and they gave us an option to either take them with a discount or wait for new ones. The dryer was scratched in the back so we took that at a discount, but we decided to get a replacement for the washer because the damage was more visible. We waited two weeks (*sigh*) for them, but after complaining about the wait, we were further discounted. Although we were upset about not being able to do laundry for a few weeks, we were quite pleased with the way customer service handled the situation.

The delivery of all our appliances was very smooth. They didn't scratch or ding

BTW, I don't work for Goemans. We were recommended by a good friend about the store and we did our due diligence and research before committing to purchasing from a store. I've got nothing but raves about this company.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:52 am 

BTW: I bought mid-higher range Kitchenaid - so not an unknown brand...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:06 pm 

Kiddan wrote:
Sears price matches written quotes (even if it is on the back of a business card) from most Authorized Dealers. I suggest Sears because the Service (warranty) is top-notch as we had to use it couple of times. Now this was back in 2005. Since then I have heard Goemans having great prices as well but not sure about their service...

Went with Sears and we did have an issue when the deliveries came, but Sears totally stepped up and made it perfect again.
I would use them in a heartbeat for major purchases again because they stand behind their company and their values.

Plus you get the money back in g.c from the warranties if you dont have to use it in the 3 years or something.

We bought at boxing day, and have yet to see prices match what we paid

probably delayed

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:04 pm 

Scotian Lotion wrote:
Appliance Canada is useless. Same thing as Goeman's. 100% even with full MSRP, and they wouldn't budge on anything. Their response to me was "we gotta put food on the table you know". Perhaps it was because I gave a list of model #'s and wasn't willing to be pushed towards something they would have preferred to sell me. I have no idea what their deal is.

Must have changed since I bought my appliances years ago - they were untouchable. The brick actually told me to go back and buy them there when I told them I had a quote from Appliance Canada.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:37 am 

Scotian Lotion wrote:
Appliance Canada is useless. Same thing as Goeman's. 100% even with full MSRP, and they wouldn't budge on anything. Their response to me was "we gotta put food on the table you know". Perhaps it was because I gave a list of model #'s and wasn't willing to be pushed towards something they would have preferred to sell me. I have no idea what their deal is.

Really? That's too bad. We didn't pay MSRP for any of our appliances. We too gave a list of model numbers and got everything we wanted. We shopped in 2008 and had them delivered in Feb 2009. Not sure if your experience was before or after that.