HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Group Buys.
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 10:12 am 

Are any of you guys interested in setting up some group buys for various things that we will need once we move in?

We will be getting hardwood floors, glass shower door, patio door, fence, and a deck all installed after we move in, and I'm sure some of you guys are thinking the same thing. If we all agree on a vendor for these things I'm sure we can get a discount if we tell them that there are 5-10 houses that all want it done.

Post subject: Good idea
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 2:54 pm 

I think that this a good idea. This is another benefit to knowing your neighbours before you move in. In most cases, you move into a new house and have no idea who's living next door, two and three doors down, or across the street. You order your shower door (for example) and find out weeks or months later that your neighbours bought the same door at a different time or from a different company. We already know a lot of our neighbours!
Yesterday I came home to find a flyer that stated a window washing service would be in the neighbourhood and we could take advantage of a reduced price because they are already there.
Volume creates lower prices.

Jim

Post subject: What if...
PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 12:47 pm 

the neighbour doesn't want a fence. In my old neighbourhood we had one guy who did not want a fence but by everyone around him putting up a fence he basically got one anyways without having to pay for it. I was told that in some areas there is a bylaw?? that requires your neighbours to pay for half of the fence even if they do not want one (that is half of the cost of a chain link fence which is cheaper than wood). I'm just curious, and thinking about the seven (YES 7 !) different houses/neighbours surrounding my back yard.
I'm wanting to put up a fence asap as I have 2 dogs that I got a big backyard for (and who will run away if not fenced in)---anyone else have pets that need a fence for as soon as possible?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 1:10 pm 

Sort of like a snow fence?

Tim