HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 7:01 pm 

**************************************************** BIG UPDATE! ****************************************************

Sommer has just changed there pricing, and its great news for Hawthorne Villager's! Sommer now sells only 3/4 hp and 1hp for really heavy doors. The pricing on the Synorsis 3/4 hp at Home Depot is $350. Only for the group buy Sommer has offered me the same unit for PM Me! And now the unit includes (2) two button remotes, ALL brackets! This is an excellent deal which I am passing on to any Hawthorne Villager's!

Sommer is also now offering a thumb print pad which can remember up to 28 person's thumb prints! I haven't received pricing on this accessory yet, but I will update the post as soon as I received pricing.

**************************************************** BIG UPDATE! ****************************************************

I received alot of request for a group buy for the Sommer GDO (Garage Door Opener). So here's the deal:

- Synoris 800 - Will work on any door size 7 or 8' doors.
- includes all brackets, 2 remotes, 3/4hp
- regular $350 - HV price PM me

The most purchased accessories I've seen are the following:
- Extra 4 button remote - $35 = PM Me
- Wireless exterior keypad - $55 = PM Me

Each unit comes with (2) two button remotes.

- add tax to the price, delivery is $10 or you can pick up yourself at the warehouse in Markham.

Installation will be $100 per unit/door tax included.

Visit Sommer Canada for more information regarding the GDO.

Here is the link for the video demonstrations and info.

Home Depot Canada now carries these units but are only available as an online purchase.

The units are quiet, they carry a LIFETIME WARRANTY and are maintenance free. You will never have any broken belt issues. The unit uses a chain, which is motionless. Most of the people on my street have them and are very happy with them. I have 2 installed at my house and if anyone would like to see the units in person drop me a PM.

PM me if you are interested. I will update the quantities on this post.

If you have any questions PM me.

Current group buy quantity = ...

Last edited by Totalpkg on Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:03 pm, edited 24 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 4:20 pm 

Im interested in two of the Synoris 550's. I'll need one exterior keypad and install as well

Keep me posted
Thanks
Greg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 9:22 am 

We would be interested in two Synoris 550 units & a keypad

Keep me in the loop

Post subject: GDO
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 7:19 pm 

Hi there,

Can we possibly order two synoris 550 and the keypad please.

Thanks John & Shelley

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:59 pm 

We would be interested in 2 Synoris 550's plus a keypad

They need to be installed August 5th

Feel free to PM me to schedule/discuss

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:15 am 

Is anyone installing most of these? Looking for a contact that is doing these installs, we're moving on july 2nd so install on july 3rd or 4th is cool... price quote too thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:38 am 

PainInTheBass wrote:
Is this a screw drive? The website says it isn't a belt or chain.

Thanks,

Emil

This technology is totally different from anything. Its called direct drive. The motor runs on a stationary chain. 1 moving part. Thats it. If you would like to see it in action watch the video or swing by my place.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:40 am 

RichardAndLiz wrote:
Is anyone installing most of these? Looking for a contact that is doing these installs, we're moving on july 2nd so install on july 3rd or 4th is cool... price quote too thanks!

I can get the unit installed for you. $85 per door.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:32 pm 

Hey guys, just an update. The closing date for the Group buy is July 1st. I spoke to the company today, and apparently the price will be going up in the future. The prices I posted will be honored for this group buy, so If your interested I suggest to try and purchase this group buy before the price increase. Also, the company stated the reason for the price increase is that the big box stores like Home Depot will be carrying these openers so they will have to sell the units at the same prices as the big box stores. Also, some people have contacted me regarding picking up there units earlier or ASAP which is fine as well. Send me a PM if your would like your unit earlier and I will make it happen. Otherwise I will be looking to collect the money for the openers around July 1st. Turn around time after payment is 1 week or less, unless you'd like to pick up the unit yourself at the warehouse.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:32 am 

Just got my Sommer installed last night. I have a bedroom over my garage and I'm sure it wouldn't wake me opening the door with how quiet these things are. Highly recommended. Thanks Totalpkg!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:15 am 

Is the group buy number up-to-date? Will you be PMing us with further instructions ie payment, delivery date etc?

Thanks

Totalpkg wrote:
Hey guys, just an update. The closing date for the Group buy is July 1st. I spoke to the company today, and apparently the price will be going up in the future. The prices I posted will be honored for this group buy, so If your interested I suggest to try and purchase this group buy before the price increase. Also, the company stated the reason for the price increase is that the big box stores like Home Depot will be carrying these openers so they will have to sell the units at the same prices as the big box stores. Also, some people have contacted me regarding picking up there units earlier or ASAP which is fine as well. Send me a PM if your would like your unit earlier and I will make it happen. Otherwise I will be looking to collect the money for the openers around July 1st. Turn around time after payment is 1 week or less, unless you'd like to pick up the unit yourself at the warehouse.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:11 pm 

Greg and Sabrina wrote:
Is the group buy number up-to-date? Will you be PMing us with further instructions ie payment, delivery date etc?

Thanks

Number is up to date right now. I will PM'ing everyone this week. Guys order is up to 16...4 more and 10% off so tell your friends and neighbours.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:16 pm 

I'm interested in an 800 but my closing date isn't until may of next year? Should I take my chances and wait for next years model?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:26 pm 

Put me down for:
- Synoris 800
- extra remote
- installation

Would it matter that I will not be moving in until Aug 01, 2011? If it does not matter I can pick up and have the installation done at a later date it would be perfect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:57 pm 

Shouldn't matter.. We're closing August 4th and bought 2.. Really like the idea of having a quiet garage door opener..