HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: GB: Pot lights?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:19 am
Posts: 388
We're getting pretty close to our closing date and need to look into getting some potlights done, and figured there might be others out there in a similar boat. This forum has a number of relatively reputable or well-regarded installers who are all certified, can provide ESA inspections, and don't use crummy home depot/flea market potlights, so hopefully one of them are interested in doing some installs in volume to give us residents a little price-break. The average per-potlight cost given by the people i've asked sits at around $70-$75 per light.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: GB: Pot lights?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:03 pm
Posts: 494
Location: Juneberry - HVOP Phase 3
silentjay wrote:
We're getting pretty close to our closing date and need to look into getting some potlights done, and figured there might be others out there in a similar boat. This forum has a number of relatively reputable or well-regarded installers who are all certified, can provide ESA inspections, and don't use crummy home depot/flea market potlights, so hopefully one of them are interested in doing some installs in volume to give us residents a little price-break. The average per-potlight cost given by the people i've asked sits at around $70-$75 per light.


I'd be interested in a group buy, but chances are our timelines will not match as you close soon and I don't take possession until the end of October. I know Mr. Potlight would do a group rate, but I'm not sure of the electricians on this forum.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: GB: Pot lights?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:26 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:49 pm
Posts: 52
I would be in for this as well but same situation as we close beginning of September. I think we estimated we will need approximately 30 potlights.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: GB: Pot lights?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:19 am
Posts: 388
Timelines shouldn't have to match, though it'd be more convenient for the installer - having a set order and deposit for install jobs should be welcome?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: GB: Pot lights?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:09 pm
Posts: 185
Location: Somewhere on the Earth
silentjay wrote:
Timelines shouldn't have to match, though it'd be more convenient for the installer - having a set order and deposit for install jobs should be welcome?


Count me in too, Silentjay but like others my closing is not until mid September.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: GB: Pot lights?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:22 pm
Posts: 528
Location: Vista Phase III
I am in the Vista location, however, would be interested in the group buy as well.

_________________
catherine


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: GB: Pot lights?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:19 am
Posts: 388
Great, there's some interest. I'm going to start reaching out to some trades people for quotes some time this weekend, but in the meanwhile, lets get an "interest" list going. Feel free to complete the missing details. Please indicate your user handle, number of lights needed, timeframe and project/location/phase.


1. SilentJay - 12 lights (ground floor) - End of May - HVOP3
2. Dan Drmanic
3. TanyaV - 30 lights - September
4. Prosbuyer - September
5. Kitty - Vista


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: GB: Pot lights?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:40 am
Posts: 232
Location: HV Vista
I'm interested in 15-20 lights ... and possibly exterior lights depending on the price ... My closing is in July

_________________
xNAD!NEx
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: GB: Pot lights?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:03 pm
Posts: 494
Location: Juneberry - HVOP Phase 3
silentjay wrote:
Great, there's some interest. I'm going to start reaching out to some trades people for quotes some time this weekend, but in the meanwhile, lets get an "interest" list going. Feel free to complete the missing details. Please indicate your user handle, number of lights needed, timeframe and project/location/phase.


1. SilentJay - 12 lights (ground floor) - End of May - HVOP3
2. Dan Drmanic - 20 lights (ground floor) - End of October - HVOP3
3. TanyaV - 30 lights - September
4. Prosbuyer - September
5. Kitty - Vista


See above :)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: GB: Pot lights?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:03 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 3:19 pm
Posts: 405
Location: Vista 6 - Primrose C
I have Mr. Potlight booked/coming to my new place May 16 to "design and install" my interior and exterior potlights. If i can get a better rate through him by being part of a group buy, I'm in!
Keep me posted

Greg


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: GB: Pot lights?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:49 pm
Posts: 52
1. SilentJay - 12 lights (ground floor) - End of May - HVOP3
2. Dan Drmanic - 20 lights (ground floor) - End of October - HVOP3
3. TanyaV - 30 lights (ground floor)- Beginning of September - HVOP3
4. Prosbuyer - September
5. Kitty - Vista


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: GB: Pot lights?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:22 pm
Posts: 528
Location: Vista Phase III
1. SilentJay - 12 lights (ground floor) - End of May - HVOP3
2. Dan Drmanic - 20 lights (ground floor) - End of October - HVOP3
3. TanyaV - 30 lights (ground floor)- Beginning of September - HVOP3
4. Prosbuyer - September
5. Kitty - Vista - 25 lights - end of May

_________________
catherine


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: GB: Pot lights?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:09 pm
Posts: 185
Location: Somewhere on the Earth
1. SilentJay - 12 lights (ground floor) - End of May - HVOP3
2. Dan Drmanic - 20 lights (ground floor) - End of October - HVOP3
3. TanyaV - 30 lights (ground floor)- Beginning of September - HVOP3
4. Prosbuyer - around 25 lights + Valance lights - mid September - HVOP3
5. Kitty - Vista - 25 lights - end of May


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
[ Time : 0.235s | 13 Queries | GZIP : Off ]