HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:17 pm 

AtoZKenn wrote:
fourseasoncomfortCOOLING wrote:
Yes, there are companies selling AC units for unbelievable prices however buyer beware, you truly get what you pay for in this business. We have seen it all, and had to clean up after the contractors that disappear once you have after installation issues.
We have seen, refurbished AC units sold as new, inferior materials used such as copper, a coils imported from Asia. Untrained, unlicensed installers used to perform the installations which cause many issues, no ESA permits being drawn (which is required by law), the list goes on...

Contractors can save $100's by taking short cuts and using untrained technicians and imported poorly made inferior materials, but we will continue to provide an excellent product with quality materials and unbeatable customer service!

Here are some examples of contractors that sell AC units for cheap dont honour warranty!

viewtopic.php?t=28157

viewtopic.php?p=221216#221216

I don't doubt the quality of your own work at all, but both of those threads are 3 years old.

I dont think it really matters how old these threads are. People are still buying AC units from the door to door companies who sell units for cheap by unqualified technicians with poor workmanship. Once a problem comes us these contractors are nowhere to be found. Last week we changed a 2 year old Keeprite AC that was not installed properly and the contractor would not come back to fix while the unit was under warranty. This was very unfortunate for this family with young children on a budget.

See our Client Testimonials here
http://homestars.com/companies/2797675- ... on-comfort
viewtopic.php?t=24763

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:10 pm 

AtoZKenn wrote:

Here are some examples of contractors that sell AC units for cheap dont honour warranty!

viewtopic.php?t=28157

viewtopic.php?p=221216#221216

I don't doubt the quality of your own work at all, but both of those threads are 3 years old.

I dont think it really matters how old these threads are. People are still buying AC units from the door to door companies who sell units for cheap by unqualified technicians with poor workmanship. Once a problem comes us these contractors are nowhere to be found. Last week we changed a 2 year old Keeprite AC that was not installed properly and the contractor would not come back to fix while the unit was under warranty. This was very unfortunate for this family with young children on a budget.

I don't disagree with you at all. It's every consumer's job to do their own research on a contractor before they pick them. We had our unit installed and after much research, chose someone who offered a lower price. Smaller company. Great HomeStars ratings. Nothing scary on the BBB. I don't think that anyone who offers a lower price is necessarily a bad choice to go with by virtue of the fact they're offering a lower price. Is it possible they suck? Sure. But due diligence can hopefully weed out the bad ones.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:28 pm 

Please make sure you have your furnace warranty in writing and most importantly ensure you have your ESA document. If you have a electrical issue with the wiring of your AC which can be very serious you need a ESA permit, it's the law!

viewtopic.php?t=24763

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:52 pm 

I'll ask again since maybe you missed it.

One more question, I'm a bit confused which model you actually supply.
Is it the Silver, Gold or Platinum ? because looking at the website I cannot figure out which one is the Deluxe model.
http://www.americanstandardair.com/prod ... nditioners

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:08 pm 

M4rtin wrote:
I'll ask again since maybe you missed it.

One more question, I'm a bit confused which model you actually supply.
Is it the Silver, Gold or Platinum ? because looking at the website I cannot figure out which one is the Deluxe model.
http://www.americanstandardair.com/prod ... nditioners

Hi M4rtin,

Sorry, we supply and recommend the Silver SI 13 seer which is the exact same unit as the gold series but does not have a jacket on the compressor and the Gold series has one fewer fan blade making it a tad bit quieter. The best bang for your buck is the Silver SI. The Platinum starts at 16 Seer which I would not recommend as the return on the initial investment would take 60 years to get your ROI.

viewtopic.php?t=24763

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:15 pm 

I'm ready for a 2014 group-buy if anyone else is in..

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:30 pm 

Also ready for 2014 group buy.